Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic City songs

Re: Nostalgic City songs

You will never take the Cowshed was sang at Bristol City fans who unexpectedly turned up in a coach after their away game game was called off early(75/76 season ?)
    They obviously fancied a day out, plus a ruck...They retorted with,moo,..moo..as they were charging around,which was mildly amusing at the time by the few of us who were in the cowshed at 2.40pm trying to dodge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    You will never take the Cowshed was sang at Bristol City fans who unexpectedly turned up in a coach after their away game game was called off early(75/76 season ?)
    They obviously fancied a day out, plus a ruck...They retorted with,moo,..moo..as they were charging around,which was mildly amusing at the time by the few of us who were in the cowshed at 2.40pm trying to dodge them.
    Were we playing Newport County? I seem to remember having to keep an eye on 2 sets of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Were we playing Newport County? I seem to remember having to keep an eye on 2 sets of fans.
    Yes we were Hants. .Pretty sure Bristol City were due to play West Brom away,so their lads had a spare afternoon & a coach booked..Can't imagine that senario being allowed to happen today..!

Can't believe we've got to page 3 of the thread before 'Drink up Ye Cider' gets a mention. It was THE cowshed anthem.

Your father is your brother, your sister is your mother, you shag one another its the argyle family!

Who could fail to get a nostalgic lump in their throat when hearing the haunting strains of "My old man said be an argyle fan, I said **** ***, *******, you're a ****

Quote Originally Posted by citydrinker View Post
    I remember an Exeter City single from about 1980 called "Playing the game". Anyone got a link to a site where we can hear this....er....old classic?.
    I still have a copy of that one, probably in the loft....Fred Binney was singing on it if I remember, and the recording was made by someone called Greenslade. Does anybody remember, "He's here he's there he's every f*****g where relating to Jimmy Giles (I think.)

"If I had the wings of a sparrow, if I had the arse of a cow, I'd fly over Argyle tomorrow, and ***** on the bastards below, BELOW, and ***** on the bastards below."

Here's a novel interpretation ! Tee hee.

Last edited by elginCity; 12 April 2016 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Who could fail to get a nostalgic lump in their throat when hearing the haunting strains of "My old man said be an argyle fan, I said **** ***, *******, you're a ****
    Remember this one well - twas one of my old favourites!

Also in the cowshed days "Your going home in a Devon ambulance" and "Georgey killed the Dragon" to any Welsh team we played.

Quote Originally Posted by snoop fog View Post
    "georgey killed the dragon" to any welsh team we played.
    a...w, l! A...w, l!

well it was in capitals but exeweb doesn't seem to like that!
    Last edited by StroudGrecian; 12 April 2016 at 11:39.