Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic City songs

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Re: Nostalgic City songs

Let's all of have disco lets all have a disco a la la la

Used to love that one.

"I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter. 'Cause I come fom the West Country and I can drive a trac'or"

Good Fred Thread. . Agree with sparkles on drive a tractor, a good oooo arrrr chant. I'll go with "wings of a sparrow'.
    Last edited by geoffwp; 11 April 2016 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
    "I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter. 'Cause I come fom the West Country and I can drive a trac'or"
    Brilliant! That's another one, exactly what I was thinking of, that was a classic.

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.

I remember an Exeter City single from about 1980 called "Playing the game". Anyone got a link to a site where we can hear this....er....old classic?.

I've got a copy of the early 70s Classic "a football fan" on vinyl and also have a record player that can record direct to a memory stick, so I will soon have a digital version of it.

Be a Grecian supporter, bring your son and your daughter....
    Last edited by fred binneys head; 11 April 2016 at 22:42.

A 'one-off' that made me chuckle:

Conference days and we were beating the opposition 2- or 3-0 (can't remember who). Away fans started doing a fairly decent conga around the 85 minute mark, and a good section of the Bank gave a rousing "Conga! What's the score? Conga conga what's the score?"

I'm easily amused.

The Cowshed Choir used to to sing some awful old crap too y'know...

Bless em all, Pleat, Curtis, Watling and all, Bless mister Frank Broome he's doing his best, Running the team with vigour and zest....

I used to cringe to see the Burnthouse Lane Skins singing that. "Mister Frank Broome" for chrissakes - what were they thinking !!
    Last edited by Billy The Fish; 11 April 2016 at 22:57.

A fair few years ago, I worked in an a office with a Coventry fan and an Arsenal fan, all of a similar vintage. We listened to Radio 2 and occasionally when the right song came on we would sing old football songs. The Tams' 'Hey Girl, Don't Bother Me' ("Come in the shed, You'll get a kick in the head, Don't bother me); Terry Jacks's 'Season's In The Sun' ("We had joy, we had fun, We had Tottenham on the run"); Lee Marvin's Wand'rin' Star ("I was born in the Tea Stand end"); Jim Reeves's Distant Drums ("I hear the sound of distant bums, and do they smell ? Like ******* hell !). What is particularly strange is that we were two mild mannered civil servants and a Non-Commissioned Officer in Her Majesty's Forces. I'm off to listen to Absolute 70s for some inspiration.

A chant from the past on the coach going back to Yeovil Junction Station on Saturday was, A W L...A chant I have not heard since the 80s when we played our Welsh friends...

The whole day was a through back. ..The Hokey Cokey was instigated by the same persons on the station platform..