• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nostalgic City songs

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thinking of the Red Legion and the songs we sing currently got me remembering some of the songs we used to sing at City games. My first away game was 1990 and I have been a committed away supporter following City all round the country ever since.

Songs we haven't sung for YEARS would include the following:

My brother's in borstal
Molly Malone
xxxxxxx's red and white army, we're so good it's unbelievable (as opposed to we hate Plymouth argyle)

Any others??

citizen

How about "your going home like Sandy Richardson" , a total none P.C 70`s song.
Not sure you would get away with that now!

Philecfc

The funniest ones I remember are. 1. In the FA Cup away to Walsall 4 0 down going into added time we started singing. Going to win 5 4. We are going to win 5 4. The look on the Walsall fans faces was total bemusement. 2. The tax man song at Plymouth

sladie

some of the old ones were good, BUT, i think the Ohh ECFC, You're the only team for me, Stanno, and SJP our home, shows pride, passion and commitment that the players alike to, im not a fan of Lee Holmes on Fire, BUT seeing him dance along to it shows unity between the fans and players

sladie

The funniest ones I remember are. 1. In the FA Cup away to Walsall 4 0 down going into added time we started singing. Going to win 5 4. We are going to win 5 4. The look on the Walsall fans faces was total bemusement. 2. The tax man song at Plymouth

Whats that coming over the hill is it the taxman, is it the Taxmaaaaan lol

fred binneys head

I'm happy with the current songs but thought it might be fun to remember some of the old songs we used to sing. And I was thinking of regular songs that would be sung everywhere, rather than one-offs like the taxman song.

I would love the Legion to rediscover My brothers in borstal :)

Last edited:

Grecian2K

We are the Reds
And we live in the Shed
You come in here
You'll get a **** ** ***. ****
(Censored due to current legislation relating to the conduct of football supporters)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the cowshed we used to sing the dambuster theme tune. Some sunny day and the football leagues turned upside down are 2 others that were regularly sung.

Red Lion

How about "your going home like Sandy Richardson" , a total none P.C 70`s song.
Not sure you would get away with that now!
The funniest chant I've heard aimed at us was also very un PC, to the same tune by the green slime at their place in the 90's. It was the week that poor Kenny Everrett died of aids, when Alan Ball was managing us, and went;
"Alan Ball loves Kenny Everrett".

It was the day Johnny Hodge scored 2 crackers and we came away with a 3-0 win so they weren't singing it for very long!

Grecian2K

Also, wouldn't the old "Argyle Family" one be even more apt while Morticia's still in charge?