• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hamon out on loan

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has gone to Garry Haylock's Hayes and Yeading for a month. Not sure if this means that Pym has recovered from his injury.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good move for him, said from the beginning it was odd for us to have three keepers, presumably Pym's injury stopped either he or Hamon going out on loan previously.

From what I've seen I rate Hamon slightly above Pym, but they're both decent prospects so both well worth holding on to for now.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Given Bobbys form and the fact he doesn't seem to come for crosses I'd prefer to see Hamon in goal on Saturday

The whole side needs a shake up and the goalkeeper is no different

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen the footage from Tuesday night, but I thought he was excellent at Wycombe, the last time I saw him play. Although that said I've not been completely sold on him, he made a few fairly basic errors especially in the first couple of months of the season but seemed to get away from criticism that had it been another keeper in goal (e.g. Krysiak in recent seasons) would have got it in the neck.

In terms of coming for crosses the key is consistency - either come for all or come for none. If the defender knows what the keeper will (or won't) do, they know what to do themselves, either get their head to it or get the hell out of the way onto the line to clear if the keeper misses it. It's when the keeper comes some times and not others that the problem arises.

older-codger

Well the defence doesn't deal with any balls into the box so the keeper should take charge. Bobby gets himself obstructed and isn't prepare to put himself about to make sure he gets there. How often does a keeper get penalised where there is a tussle in thee box? He always gets the benefit.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well the defence doesn't deal with any balls into the box so the keeper should take charge. Bobby gets himself obstructed and isn't prepare to put himself about to make sure he gets there. How often does a keeper get penalised where there is a tussle in thee box? He always gets the benefit.
In most of the games I've seen this season we've dealt magnificently with a multitude of crosses, especially Troy Brown. I'm thinking specifically the wins over Portsmouth and Leyton Orient, the former must have put 50+ crosses into the box unsuccessfully and the latter not far short of that figure. Wycombe also pumped ball after ball into the box to no effect. I wonder if the last couple of games may have clouded the judgement somewhat as I accept the goals vs Newport and by all accounts Oxford were largely free headers from crosses.

GrecianWonder

Not against Luton.

DanceMagnet

In most of the games I've seen this season we've dealt magnificently with a multitude of crosses, especially Troy Brown. I'm thinking specifically the wins over Portsmouth and Leyton Orient, the former must have put 50+ crosses into the box unsuccessfully and the latter not far short of that figure. Wycombe also pumped ball after ball into the box to no effect. I wonder if the last couple of games may have clouded the judgement somewhat as I accept the goals vs Newport and by all accounts Oxford were largely free headers from crosses.
You have to be kidding. We have been conceding goals from crosses all season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You have to be kidding. We have been conceding goals from crosses all season.
So does every team. I was challenging the assertion made in bold in the post I quoted. I suspect we don't concede any more goals from crosses than every other team in the league.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has gone to Garry Haylock's Hayes and Yeading for a month. Not sure if this means that Pym has recovered from his injury.
Good move. Hope Christy is now fit; if not, Kavanagh Keadell will have to be on the bench