• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
With this year quickly drawing to a close, I thought I'd start this one. Can't wait to get my membership for next season.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, me too Greg. Hampshire and Somerset again.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Full fixtures are out tomorrow but we know Surrey have an easy start at Trent Bridge. (worry)

Also they have decided to make the 50 over leagues mirror the 20-20 which means another Southern 'group of death', and no variety of opponents in one day games either.
Essex, Gloucestershire, Sussex, Glamorgan and Kent will have no games against Yorkshire, Lancashire, Notts, Durham or Warwicks all season (and vice-versa) unless they meet in a knock-out game.

On the flip side Surrey get to play Middlesex and Hampshire 5 times - as will also be the case for Notts-Warwicks, Yorks-Lancs, Kent-Essex etc etc

Finally didn't realise this toss (tosh?) experiment was Div 1 and 2. I am sure I read it was just for Div 2, not both Divisions. You'd still bowl first in Durham in April surely!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Full fixtures are out tomorrow but we know Surrey have an easy start at Trent Bridge. (worry)

Also they have decided to make the 50 over leagues mirror the 20-20 which means another Southern 'group of death', and no variety of opponents in one day games either.
Essex, Gloucestershire, Sussex, Glamorgan and Kent will have no games against Yorkshire, Lancashire, Notts, Durham or Warwicks all season (and vice-versa) unless they meet in a knock-out game.

On the flip side Surrey get to play Middlesex and Hampshire 5 times - as will also be the case for Notts-Warwicks, Yorks-Lancs, Kent-Essex etc etc

Finally didn't realise this toss (tosh?) experiment was Div 1 and 2. I am sure I read it was just for Div 2, not both Divisions. You'd still bowl first in Durham in April surely!
I read in the paper that the to55 experiment was confined to Division 2.

Having the same teams in the T20 as the 50 over thing is another crock of shi*e. More variety needed.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No, it was originally announced as being Div 2 only, then was extended to Div 1 to the delight of nobody bar the fools at the ECB.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just thought I'd let you guys and gals know of a major victory I have had over the mighty Somerset CCC. When phoning up a few weeks back for my season ticket for next year I was informed that there would be a charge for the assistance I require at the ground (another 50%). I was appalled by this and decided to get Level Playing Field involved. They contacted the club and explained that their policy was in effect unlawful as it indirectly discriminated against disabled people. After a meeting with the Chief Exec and Commercial Team at the club, it has been agreed that Somerset are to change their policy completely to treat disabled members/spectators on an equal footing to those who are able-bodied!! Result. Power to the people and all that!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent stuff - well done.

Alistair20000

Just thought I'd let you guys and gals know of a major victory I have had over the mighty Somerset CCC. When phoning up a few weeks back for my season ticket for next year I was informed that there would be a charge for the assistance I require at the ground (another 50%). I was appalled by this and decided to get Level Playing Field involved. They contacted the club and explained that their policy was in effect unlawful as it indirectly discriminated against disabled people. After a meeting with the Chief Exec and Commercial Team at the club, it has been agreed that Somerset are to change their policy completely to treat disabled members/spectators on an equal footing to those who are able-bodied!! Result. Power to the people and all that!
(clap) Good work Greg but it is disappointing that Somerset CCC wanted to make the extra charge.

Silver fox

303 all out at Lunch.

Alistair20000

And Broad has nipped out Van Zyl. Need a good bowling performance as 303 looks a bit light.

Last edited: