• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Supporters' Federation annual awards

SomeSunnyDay

The Football Supporters' Federation hold an annual awards ceremony and nominations for this year are open until 5pm on 16th October:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/the-fsf-awards-in-association-with-william-hill-2015-nominations-open

You can nominate up to 3 candidates in each category but don't have to vote in all of them and if you should be interested, you might notice that at number 4 there's a category for Fanzine of the Year.

Far be it from us to try to sway any of your votes but there is, of course, only one ECFC fanzine and all nominations will be gratefully received, sincere or otherwise.

Get voting (especially in category 4)! [G]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There should be a category for fanzine with the best cartoons!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Done, what do I win?

SomeSunnyDay

Done, what do I win?
You win our sincere and gracious thanks. On their request, we are sending samples of our work to the FSF as we speak so don't hold your breath! :D (y) [ecfc]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that award went to Bradford City's 'City Gent'.

Good to see that Ian King from 200% got recognition for his blog.

Did you go?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did you go?
Nope. :( To the best of my knowledge, there is a long list and short list. Everyone is asked to submit copies and then the winner is chosen by a committee. Guess only the short listers go to the ceremony itself. One year! [ecfc]

On a related point, some of these fanzines have been going for a very long time and are incredibly well established, with a huge subscriber base not to mention the pool of contributors they have often includes journos and the like. Our fanzine is relatively new and (I hope) fairly decent for a club of our size but we are ALWAYS looking for new contributors.

Much to my surprise people are quite shy about coming forward so I have had to resort to headhunting people who I think would do a good job. When you ask people personally, they often agree to chip in! However, don't wait to be asked: whether you would like to write just one article a season or one for every issue then please do get in touch. No prior experience necessary as long as you can string a sentence together, can meet a deadline and have something to say about City, rose-tinter or cynic it makes no difference to us, we are just looking for a good mix for our readers and to make SSD as good as it can be!

www.somesunnyday.org.uk

Email us at [email protected]

Last edited: