• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tillson

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wanna review that judgement?
Anyone who thinks he can evaluate a player based on the very occasional performance must have a lot of confidence in his/her footballing knowledge. I notice that a year and a half ago you were blowing your own trumpet about having identified Tilson as a real prospect, but the fact is he hasn't proven anything yet. By the way, he might eventually make the grade, but nobody knows that yet, including you

milts

Wanna review that judgement?
On what basis?

One game where he does what he is supposed to?

The only reason the E&E are raving about his performance is because he is usually so poor it was unexpected!

If Lloyd James had put that display, he would be criticised for his poor passing. Just because no one expects Tilson to pass a football, everyone praises him when he does.

Conference player at best.

Last edited:

StudentGrecian

On what basis?

One game where he does what he is supposed to?

The only reason the E&E are raving about his performance is because he is usually so poor it was unexpected!

If Lloyd James had put that display, he would be criticised for his poor passing. Just because no one expects Tilson to pass a football, everyone praises him when he does.

Conference player at best.
You are joking, right?

Tilson was the best player on the park on Tuesday! To be fair to the lad, he hasn't had enough game time for YOU to suggest whether he is football league quality! He has gone missing in a few games, but for me he has performed well more often than not, especially considering he isn't a natural CDM!

You also miss the point, Tilson was being praised for his ability to break up play, not for playing the simple pass! However, I do agree James is harshly criticised for his ability (I don't know whether that was a real point you were making, or whether you were just trying to belittle Tilson!).

We always seem to put down our younger players on here, simple facts dictate that they are never going to be the finished article in our academy or they would have been snapped up by the big clubs for peanuts! Nichols was berated for a couple years of doing nothing, then not only did he prove a lot on here wrong, but he made the club some decent money! (also I'm not suggesting Tilson will go for big money, but why criticise the guy for putting in a good performance?)

How about we support our younger lads, because whether we like it or not, they are the main reason we can afford to survive as a football club!

Well-known Exeweb poster
but why criticise the guy for putting in a good performance?)
yep the wonders of exweb !!!!

Antony Moxey

You are joking, right?

Tilson was the best player on the park on Tuesday! To be fair to the lad, he hasn't had enough game time for YOU to suggest whether he is football league quality! He has gone missing in a few games, but for me he has performed well more often than not, especially considering he isn't a natural CDM!

You also miss the point, Tilson was being praised for his ability to break up play, not for playing the simple pass! However, I do agree James is harshly criticised for his ability (I don't know whether that was a real point you were making, or whether you were just trying to belittle Tilson!).

We always seem to put down our younger players on here, simple facts dictate that they are never going to be the finished article in our academy or they would have been snapped up by the big clubs for peanuts! Nichols was berated for a couple years of doing nothing, then not only did he prove a lot on here wrong, but he made the club some decent money! (also I'm not suggesting Tilson will go for big money, but why criticise the guy for putting in a good performance?)

How about we support our younger lads, because whether we like it or not, they are the main reason we can afford to survive as a football club!
That depends on whether you consider his performance good or not. Personally I don't and consider him no better than average. As for 'our younger lads', he's not a baby, he doesn't need protecting, he's as open to criticism as anyone.

Leads

That depends on whether you consider his performance good or not. Personally I don't and consider him no better than average. As for 'our younger lads', he's not a baby, he doesn't need protecting, he's as open to criticism as anyone.
Exactly. Also he's 24 and in his 6th season of playing professional football, he's not some 17/18 year old that has just broken into the first team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Carried on playing in the Luton game despite having a broken metatarsal. Going to be missing for a while

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/jordan-tillson/

fred binneys head

That's a real shame but you've got to hand it to the lad, he's nails.

Red Devon

Hope he won’t be out for long!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least a month. Shame because he's one of those players who goes unnoticed but does so much, gets a few goals as well.