• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tillson

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do we bother paying a wage, if Tisdale never plans to play him... he's already 21 and can't get near the team, if he would ever be good enough, he's be good enough already etc. etc.... Anyone else preparing to eat a thick slice of humble pie (keeping it on standby until he's done it for a bit longer, mind you).

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
He seems to have done well whilst he's been in the team, but the question to ask is would he have been given this opportunity has JMT and Ribs not been injured? Good on him for taking his opportunity, but I think the answer is no, which makes those questions valid - at least at the time they were originally asked.

LL

GrecianWonder

I'm eating a lot of pie when it comes to Tillson!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
What a strange op. As fans we are never likely to see the full picture, but i get there is speculation about lots of players at lots of clubs. I think he was reaching the point where he needed to either get in the side or be released and he has done well so far this season, hopefully he will keep it up.

AlanDevlin

I was thinking the same about Tom Nichols a while back - he seemed to do well whenever he played but was never consistently selected... he seems to be doing ok now.

Never sure whether there is method in Tisdale's madness.... or madness in Tisdale's method.... but somehow the aroma of roses keeps popping up.

Terryhall

In the video of the fans forum that Pete Martin kindly posted up, Tis mentioned Tilson as a player who got his opportunity and has done well with it. Have to say I've been surprised with how well he's done and I personally didn't see it coming, but long may it continue.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well as one of the few who saw something in him last season, and thought he'd make the grade given the chance, I'm delighted he's doing well.

ecfc2000

I started watching tillson in a number of psf's in 2012 and was very impressed with him back then. I'm not surprised he's starting to the make the team this season.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the video of the fans forum that Pete Martin kindly posted up, Tis mentioned Tilson as a player who got his opportunity and has done well with it. Have to say I've been surprised with how well he's done and I personally didn't see it coming, but long may it continue.
Me too. I saw him this time last year at Burton and Coventry and my view was 'he's overall currently simply not good enough ' He didn't shine when away on loan either.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he was magnificent last night (as were all the defenders, and all the attacking players finding themselves in defence!).