• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tillson

milts

How we pay Tilson to play football is laughable.

Well-known Exeweb poster
touch, in fact bloody harsh. to judge him fairly, best wait till he has/starts a run , say 10 games and then it'll be fair to judge.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is not a natural central midfielder but he is a capable L2 footballer. A bit like Scott Bennett in fact.

If you were at Cheltenham you would know that when he came on for Oakley just after half time he helped transform the game by playing solidly at CB and allowing the rest of the team especially Wheeler who had been doing a lot of defending in the first half to get forward. This was the start of the run.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wanna review that judgement?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He is not a natural central midfielder but he is a capable L2 footballer. A bit like Scott Bennett in fact.

If you were at Cheltenham you would know that when he came on for Oakley just after half time he helped transform the game by playing solidly at CB and allowing the rest of the team especially Wheeler who had been doing a lot of defending in the first half to get forward. This was the start of the run.
Just seen this now. In fact I thought it was Tillson's introduction at Cheltenham that contributed to the fairly soft goal we conceded there as he'd gone missing leaving their striker a simple run behind us.

He's a bit of a frustrating one for me - on a number of occasions (see my post earlier in this thread) I've thought he has looked excellent, on a number of other occasions he has looked an accident waiting to happen. By all accounts Tuesday night he was very much the former.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen this now. In fact I thought it was Tillson's introduction at Cheltenham that contributed to the fairly soft goal we conceded there as he'd gone missing leaving their striker a simple run behind us.

He's a bit of a frustrating one for me - on a number of occasions (see my post earlier in this thread) I've thought he has looked excellent, on a number of other occasions he has looked an accident waiting to happen. By all accounts Tuesday night he was very much the former.
Pretty sure it was Troy Brown who missed their runner not Tillson.

Be that as it may, in the first half we were under the cosh with Wheeler pretty much playing auxiliary CB as Oakley was missing headers against their big forwards. They hit the woodwork twice and Wheeler cleared off the line twice. Second half we were much better balanced, scored first then Wheeler was in the box for two late goals. This was the start of the revival.

Ashford Grecian

Very average player IMO and isn't going to make it here or any well else in L2, conference player at best...

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
A poor mans Matt Gill in some respects. He puts in a good shift doing the ugly things that fans rarely appreciate it's just a shame he hasn't got Gillys ability on the ball.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very average player IMO and isn't going to make it here or any well else in L2, conference player at best...
We shall see. People said the same about Scot Bennett and he has now played over 200 games in L1 and L2.

I think I'll take Tis's assessment that Tillson has developed significantly this season and is now a valuable part of the squad.

Were you at the game on Tuesday night? The E&E's ratings:

Jordan Tillson – 9

A brilliant display from the centre-back turned midfielder. He was full of energy and broke up Cheltenham's play in the centre of the park superbly whilst his distribution was at an all-time high.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was at the game and didn't think him anywhere near a nine, unless it was out of 18. Has always been no better than a squad filler IMO.