• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This season's accas

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, I haven't placed a single bet in the closed season but I am now ready to try and win a few quid this season. I am going for two four-fold acca bets each week. I plan to keep the same teams each week and hope that works better than constantly chopping and changing.

For the first acca I have selected four teams that 'should' win fairly regularly and I will place £5 on this. They are Man Utd, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Luton.

For the second acca I have gone for four teams that will be less fancied by the bookies but I suspect they may do ok. They are Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Burton and Exeter. Even £2 on these four would see a decent return.

Anyone else doing similar?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be doing my normal 6 game accumulator each week Moomin, avoiding the championship as much as possible. I've also backed Grimsby to win the conference. I have a treble on Arse, Hull and City (but City being promoted as opposed to winning) as well.
Also, just for a bit of fun I have a very small wager on City winning the league at 40/1

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've done one which will carry across the whole season. Promotions for Hull, Barnsley, Luton and Grimsby.

I'll stick a couple on for Saturdays matches but haven't done so yet.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gone for a e/w acca to win each league: Chelsea, Boro, Sheff Utd, Luton and Grimsby

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Placed both my accas today.

The first one Man Utd, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Luton to win, £5 will see a return of £86.

The second one Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Burton and the mighty Grecians to win, £2 will see a return of £76. Unlikely but you never know.

Silver fox

Nailed on, Leicester, Grimsby, Wimbledon and Chelsea for me.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mine for tomorrow.

Wins for Cambridge, Portsmouth, Luton and Barnsley - 23/1
Wins for Derby, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Forest Green and Grimsby - 52/1

And just for fun I put a couple of quid on an acca of the 9 teams above - returns £2.5k or something.

Avening Posse

Accumulator

Pompey
Wycombe
City
Sheff U
Man U
Hull
53.6/1

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Sheffield United were the unlucky pick for some accas.

My first one was a disaster with only Man Utd winning. Got 3 out of 4 for my second one....Bloody Sunderland!

grecian55

i like a £1 acca most weeks but won't start until at least September ,start of season far too unpredictable (facepalm)