• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Problems at Northampton Town

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Problems with loans and the new stand (which is still not ready). Here's the 200% guys take on it http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=27527

This is what the new stand looked like when we visited last August

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The new guy coming in was supposed to be dealing with everything, but rumours on their forums in recent months suggest they are quite likely to have 12 points deducted at some point this season.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't they throw a lot of money at Wilder and the team over the last 18 months too?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
They are working again on the stand but will be interesting to see what happens.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I drove past it on Saturday and it's still very skeleton like indeed, didn't look much different from the road to how it looks in the pic at the top of the page.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Problems with loans and the new stand (which is still not ready). Here's the 200% guys take on it http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=27527

This is what the new stand looked like when we visited last August

How it looks a year later

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not sure whether they are currently working on it or not. They re started work last season but I believe there are talks around a pending takeover.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure whether they are currently working on it or not. They re started work last season but I believe there are talks around a pending takeover.
I think that work stopped, as you say (and as I mentioned above) there is a takeover in progress but it is taking ages - the London-based Indian chap involved realised at the 11th hour that perhaps he ought to do a bit of due diligence.

Part of the issue revolves, if I read rightly, around some problems to do with enabling developments. (This should NOT sound warning klaxons about our own redevelopment, oh no)

GrecianWonder

Number13

Why did they see the need to rebuild the stand anyway!?!?!?!

Sixfields was a suitable L2 and even L1 venue (not that that needs to worry them)