• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Would be a travesty if they disappeared IMO
How so? They would be no different to any other club. Financially there is a benefit of having them in our league but other than that I couldn't really care less. I suppose if you know people who support them then that would generate more sympathy.

Silver fox

How so? They would be no different to any other club. Financially there is a benefit of having them in our league but other than that I couldn't really care less. I suppose if you know people who support them then that would generate more sympathy.
And that's the correct answer, and my lad played for them for 3 years ;(

Avening Posse

Always loved going down there to watch City, grew up in Dawlish and know a few people who follow them, would love to see them back in the league, and like us I'm sure they will drag themselves out of the conference eventually. Sooner the better for me, give me a day out in Torquay as opposed to a day out in Yeovil any day

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay is a very good away day. That would be my (probably only) reason for wanting them back.

Silver fox

Always loved going down there to watch City, grew up in Dawlish and know a few people who follow them, would love to see them back in the league, and like us I'm sure they will drag themselves out of the conference eventually. Sooner the better for me, give me a day out in Torquay as opposed to a day out in Yeovil any day
Yep, Yeovil is a crap day out, Turks is a good laugh.

richard_portland

If we do meet them again, hopefully it will be them coming up instead of us going down. I would say or in the cup, but I would be wanting us to win;)

Avening Posse

Forgot to say, definitely think we should help them if they have "an hour of need", what they did for us was outstanding

Silver fox

Forgot to say, definitely think we should help them if they have "an hour of need", what they did for us was outstanding
Yep, home or away I would be there.

geoffwp

You're a bit of a cold fish richard aincha? A devon club, history between us that never got nasty, good games both up at the park and down at Plainbore etc.

richard_portland

You're a bit of a cold fish richard aincha? A devon club, history between us that never got nasty, good games both up at the park and down at Plainbore etc.
Don't think the feeling would be hugely different the other way around. Anyway who says they are going to go out of business. I didn't say it would be good if a club went out of business, however they are a club like any other. Not sure why it would be any worse than Hereford for example.