Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Serious Torquay Thread

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver fox View Post
    Would be a travesty if they disappeared IMO
    How so? They would be no different to any other club. Financially there is a benefit of having them in our league but other than that I couldn't really care less. I suppose if you know people who support them then that would generate more sympathy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    How so? They would be no different to any other club. Financially there is a benefit of having them in our league but other than that I couldn't really care less. I suppose if you know people who support them then that would generate more sympathy.
    And that's the correct answer, and my lad played for them for 3 years

Always loved going down there to watch City, grew up in Dawlish and know a few people who follow them, would love to see them back in the league, and like us I'm sure they will drag themselves out of the conference eventually. Sooner the better for me, give me a day out in Torquay as opposed to a day out in Yeovil any day

Torquay is a very good away day. That would be my (probably only) reason for wanting them back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Always loved going down there to watch City, grew up in Dawlish and know a few people who follow them, would love to see them back in the league, and like us I'm sure they will drag themselves out of the conference eventually. Sooner the better for me, give me a day out in Torquay as opposed to a day out in Yeovil any day
    Yep, Yeovil is a crap day out, Turks is a good laugh.

If we do meet them again, hopefully it will be them coming up instead of us going down. I would say or in the cup, but I would be wanting us to win

Forgot to say, definitely think we should help them if they have "an hour of need", what they did for us was outstanding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Forgot to say, definitely think we should help them if they have "an hour of need", what they did for us was outstanding
    Yep, home or away I would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    You're a bit of a cold fish richard aincha? A devon club, history between us that never got nasty, good games both up at the park and down at Plainbore etc.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    You're a bit of a cold fish richard aincha? A devon club, history between us that never got nasty, good games both up at the park and down at Plainbore etc.
    Don't think the feeling would be hugely different the other way around. Anyway who says they are going to go out of business. I didn't say it would be good if a club went out of business, however they are a club like any other. Not sure why it would be any worse than Hereford for example.