Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 649

Thread: The Serious Torquay Thread

  1. #631
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    35,111

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Apparently Torquay are 3-0 up in their delayed kick off game against Maidenhead!

  2. #632
    richard_portland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.
    Posts
    12,207

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Four nil at half time, Jamie Reid has scored what I think is his first for the season.

  3. #633

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    780

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    End up being 4-4 that.

  4. #634

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    780

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    End up being 4-4 that.
    Maybe not then. They've done well there. Still going down though.

  5. #635

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Maybe not then. They've done well there. Still going down though.
    Not too sure,o think owners has something about him,and a 4 goal thrashing will do confidence wonders,and it's still early days,lot of games to play yet.

  6. #636

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    780

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Back on the losing trail again. A dour 2-0 home defeat to Dover apparently. Yep, definitely going down.

  7. #637
    Banksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mersham Kent
    Posts
    3,315

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Well , even though I don't live in Devon anymore I can't share your 'smiley' at the thought of Torquay going down yet again Legohead.
    I still remember fondly those old Devon derbies of yesteryear and hope they still can survive.

  8. #638

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,819

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    Well , even though I don't live in Devon anymore I can't share your 'smiley' at the thought of Torquay going down yet again Legohead.
    I still remember fondly those old Devon derbies of yesteryear and hope they still can survive.
    Yes, it's all a big shame.

  9. #639
    Pete Martin (CTID)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    9,736

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    I take no pleasure in the demise of the Gulls. Professional football is already under-the-counter in this part of the country and to lose one is a major disappointment imo.

    Whilst never having pulled up trees, they have been a solid league team in days gone by and Plainmoor is a decent place to go. A recovery is not impossible but they will struggle with their dwindling fanbase. Sadly, the people of Torbay seem unwilling to get behind them in any great numbers. A shame.

  10. #640
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,836

    Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    I take no pleasure in the demise of the Gulls. Professional football is already under-the-counter in this part of the country and to lose one is a major disappointment imo.

    Whilst never having pulled up trees, they have been a solid league team in days gone by and Plainmoor is a decent place to go. A recovery is not impossible but they will struggle with their dwindling fanbase. Sadly, the people of Torbay seem unwilling to get behind them in any great numbers. A shame.
    Probably too many Premiershiite fans down there to be worried about attending a real game , that is until its time to pull the shutters down then they'll be up in arms saying they've been attending since they were 12 years old and everyone should chuck money in a pot to save historic TUFC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •