Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Thread: The Serious Torquay Thread

Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

Apparently Torquay are 3-0 up in their delayed kick off game against Maidenhead!

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Four nil at half time, Jamie Reid has scored what I think is his first for the season.

End up being 4-4 that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    End up being 4-4 that.
    Maybe not then. They've done well there. Still going down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Maybe not then. They've done well there. Still going down though.
    Not too sure,o think owners has something about him,and a 4 goal thrashing will do confidence wonders,and it's still early days,lot of games to play yet.

Back on the losing trail again. A dour 2-0 home defeat to Dover apparently. Yep, definitely going down.

Well , even though I don't live in Devon anymore I can't share your 'smiley' at the thought of Torquay going down yet again Legohead.
    I still remember fondly those old Devon derbies of yesteryear and hope they still can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    Well , even though I don't live in Devon anymore I can't share your 'smiley' at the thought of Torquay going down yet again Legohead.
    I still remember fondly those old Devon derbies of yesteryear and hope they still can survive.
    Yes, it's all a big shame.

I take no pleasure in the demise of the Gulls. Professional football is already under-the-counter in this part of the country and to lose one is a major disappointment imo.

Whilst never having pulled up trees, they have been a solid league team in days gone by and Plainmoor is a decent place to go. A recovery is not impossible but they will struggle with their dwindling fanbase. Sadly, the people of Torbay seem unwilling to get behind them in any great numbers. A shame.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    I take no pleasure in the demise of the Gulls. Professional football is already under-the-counter in this part of the country and to lose one is a major disappointment imo.

Whilst never having pulled up trees, they have been a solid league team in days gone by and Plainmoor is a decent place to go. A recovery is not impossible but they will struggle with their dwindling fanbase. Sadly, the people of Torbay seem unwilling to get behind them in any great numbers. A shame.
    Probably too many Premiershiite fans down there to be worried about attending a real game , that is until its time to pull the shutters down then they'll be up in arms saying they've been attending since they were 12 years old and everyone should chuck money in a pot to save historic TUFC.