Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Serious Torquay Thread

Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis!

The Serious Torquay Thread

I wanted some sensible Exeter City perspective on the plight of our nearest neighbours.

Below halfway in the Conference and rumours of financial turmoil , is a recipe for Torks disappearing into oblivion. How does this effect Exeter City?

No more trips to Plainmoor, limited opportunities for Devon derbies especially if Argyle go up.

I remember Mike Bateson generously donating the Turks share of gate receipts in our hour of need, should Exeter City reciprocate the favour if needed?

PS this is not Banter & is a legitimate WOWs subject as I wanted to discuss our relationship with our nearest rivals.
    Last edited by IBA; 07 March 2015 at 21:59.

Re: The Serious Torquay Thread

I would rather they were in our league, as I've always enjoyed trips to Plainmoor.

Wasn't aware they were in financial difficulties, equally I can't see them getting promoted again any time soon.

Three healthy football teams in Devon would be good to see again. I hope the gulls get all the **** sorted out and come back.

I know they are looking for new investors
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31355855

They just need someone to buy them. They don't really have enough fans to do a trust, and the owner was running out of lottery money years ago. Best thing we could do for them is teach them how to be sustainable, assuming that we remember how to do that now that we have a chunk of money to fall back on...

Quote Originally Posted by ALOTBSOL View Post
    They just need someone to buy them. They don't really have enough fans to do a trust, and the owner was running out of lottery money years ago. Best thing we could do for them is teach them how to be sustainable, assuming that we remember how to do that now that we have a chunk of money to fall back on...
    They just need someone to buy them? Is that all? You make it sound easy, I wish there was somebody out there that would buy us. And how do we teach them to be "sustainable" when we've needed PFA loans, and are now dependent on the Grimes money to stave off another loan application. We dont have a clue how the club is run at board level, let alone teach them anything.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Lost at home to bottom place Telford i see

Unless the people of the town support the team then they are always going to struggle and leak money. The long term should be to start producing some of their own players.

Not sure they want or need our sympathy.

it is normally premature to write off local rivals and suggest that we'll never play them again(!)

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

If they don't turn things around quickly they could quite easily become regular conference strugglers and a drop to conf South wouldn't be out of the question.