Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 758

Thread: Grimes watch.

  1. #741
    sign of the chimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    207

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    I think Jfh is an intelligent manager who will strive to get the best from grimes,I hope they both succeed and do well .
    Had a decent game against us this evening, by all accounts.

    Was impressed with him in L2 and surprised things didn't really seem to work out for him when he moved up the leagues, so suspect he'll continue to be a real asset for Northampton.

  2. #742
    Larry Wilkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    760

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by sign of the chimes View Post
    Had a decent game against us this evening, by all accounts.

    Was impressed with him in L2 and surprised things didn't really seem to work out for him when he moved up the leagues, so suspect he'll continue to be a real asset for Northampton.
    Let's hope so, and this will be to his long term benefit. Hope he goes on to live up to the promise he showed with us.

  3. #743
    Moomin Grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chilling with my mother jives
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Now that Grimes seems to be getting a chance at Swansea, does anyone know if we have any future appearance payments due to us should he keep on playing games?

  4. #744

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    Now that Grimes seems to be getting a chance at Swansea, does anyone know if we have any future appearance payments due to us should he keep on playing games?
    Pretty sure the answer is no. IIRC Swansea wanted to pay a single all in fee with no add ons (albeit in four staged payments).

  5. #745

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Pretty sure the answer is no. IIRC Swansea wanted to pay a single all in fee with no add ons (albeit in four staged payments).
    I think it is entirely correct that it was the single all in fee with no add ons.

    But I suspect the credit as to how the fee was structured is down to ECFC rather than Swansea. Our people have been very astute - sacrificing add ons in the Grimes deal to get the massive 1.75m, which seems miraculous now. In contrast we have the 20% profit on resale for Watkins, far more likely to produce a big windfall.

    I thought I read somewhere that for Seaborne we negotiated a payment if Southampton got promoted, which paid out, whereas on either appearances or re-sale there would have been nothing. For Tom Nichols we got not just the initial fee but (I think) appearance based add ons , which paid out.

  6. #746
    Moomin Grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chilling with my mother jives
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Thanks both. As you say 1.7m for Grimes is superb money considering it’s taken 2-3 years for him to break into the squad.

  7. #747

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    Thanks both. As you say 1.7m for Grimes is superb money considering it’s taken 2-3 years for him to break into the squad.
    But then if he turns out to be a decent player for them it'll still be a steal by today's standards.

  8. #748
    Moomin Grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chilling with my mother jives
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    But then if he turns out to be a decent player for them it'll still be a steal by today's standards.
    Yeah true. He may do but I still get he feeling he won’t be more than a squad player at Championship level. We’ll see.

  9. #749
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    4,072

    Re: Grimes watch.

    Looking at Swansea's squad, I'd suspect he'll spend more time on the bench this season, and another loan spell wouldn't be impossible. In terms of midfield options I would say he is 4th or 5th choice still:

    Leroy Fer : Bersant Celina (just signed for 3m and straight into the first XI) : Tom Carroll - in my view these will be the main midfield choices
    Grimes : Jay Fulton : Yan Dhanda - in my view these will be back up / rotation options

    I'd like to see him get good game time and break into the first team, but I can't see him dislodging Fer or Carroll, and Celina is a new buy so is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order for now at least. I guess as with any squad player he needs to train hard, be patient, and play well enough when given the chance to make it hard for the manager to drop him.

  10. #750

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: Grimes watch.

    And Swansea have been trying to sign Brentford ‘s Ryan Woods a central midfielder. The y haven’t met the 7m asking price but are still trying for a loan deal. That would push Matt further down the pecking order.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •