• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

When's supper time?

Angus

Just enquiring, for my university course I've been asked to develop some research in regards to the terminology "Supper".

Is supper the main 6 o'clock meal or is it a light snack before bed? It seems some have different conditions for the usage of supper.

Thanks in advance.

Angus

I must say I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the response I'm collecting, at this rate I won't be graduating any time soon.

You all should be ashamed

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
May i ask what course you're doing?

Is it Supper Studies?

Angus

No, I don't think there's such a thing.

I'm studying agriculture, I'm looking at animal behaviour during meal times, some cows think Supper is breakfast, who's to say they aren't right? And humans are wrong. Hence the study.

Silver fox

Just enquiring, for my university course I've been asked to develop some research in regards to the terminology "Supper".

Is supper the main 6 o'clock meal or is it a light snack before bed? It seems some have different conditions for the usage of supper.

Thanks in advance.
I light snack before bedtime in our house Angus.

angelic upstart

Sorry for the delay in responding, I truly hope my answer isn't too late.

Being working class, supper is a late evening snack, that I would have occasionally between 9-10. My great uncle viscount (pronounced viy-count, not viz-count) faulds-paper considers supper a main meal taken outside of his main dining room. He doesn't have me round often as I am just a little oik to him.

Hope this helps in your studies.

Angus

Perfect. Appreciated.

angelic upstart

My pleasure, I've just eaten tea so I'll let you know when and if I have supper tonight.

motorservices

i normally have my tea around 8ish, and then something light around 11, go to bed around midnight, up at 7:30, dont eat breakfast, sometimes have lunch

10st and a body of a 20yr old (although im touching 40) can eat what i want, when i want and not put on a pound

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
supper at Exile Towers is a light snack before retiring for the night, any time after 9 pm, this usually consists of some cheese, we love cheese, and biscuits/crackers, perhaps with a small salad