• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£1m for Grimes

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Grimes worth a million quid? I think so,possibly plus a bit more.

Interesting how views have developed. In the summer I thought he was worth 500k, which then was one of the higher valuations from City fans. But that was before the England U20 call up and also he has been consistently excellent in League Two showing permanent class rather than just temporary form.

Garb the chance to see him as a City player while you still can!

Last edited:

Rog H K

Sounds like a fishy deal to me ;)
Fat fingers on phone LOL. ( not fishy fingers either!!)

Well-known Exeweb poster

muppetdodger

If it's just Swansea after him then £1m is good money, but if others rate him there is no reason why he can't make more. Good negotiations are needed to maximize the return. We must get decent addons as well, and ones that we can get, not ones where he gets to his 19th appearance and they sell him to stop him triggering an add on, as per stevenage etc. for example.

muppetdodger

An incisive article from the E&E, quoting the Sun, social networks and what Tis said in November. Not exactly rocket science that one! The only thing it might do is encourage other interested parties to up the ante!

flakey pasty

An incisive article from the E&E. The only thing it might do is encourage other interested parties to up the ante!
I wonder if Chief Executives from Liverpool, Southampton, Aston Villa etc read the Express and Echo? ;)

Terryhall

I do love the media transfer rumour merry-go-round :)

As far as I can see, this story references The Sun, who based their story on Clubcall, who based their story on a Huddersfield scout attending the Accrington match and then writing up two click-bait stories suggesting Southampton and Swansea. On a slow news day these stories get picked up by other papers and other media and the whole thing rolls around again.

It doesn't mean these clubs aren't interested, it doesn't mean the fee isn't £1m, and it doesn't mean a deal hasn't been done - but it does mean that nobody at the E&E, The Sun, or Clubcall has the foggiest idea of what is actually going on, and neither will we until January when a transfer either does or doesn't happen.

If the thread is about what we want to spend a fictitious £1m on, then fair enough, but lets not carried away that it's definitely going to happen just because it's rumoured in the press......

Dubai Grecian

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No quotes, which usually gives the game away that this is silly season speculation. Not always, mind...!

flakey pasty

Wow.
Let's hope so indeed.
£1.7 million is a club-changing amount for an outfit like us. :) :) :)