• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz 2014 ( EACQ14 )

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, it really is that time of year once again, folks, time for the Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz ( EACQ14 ).

Between 6 - 7 PM daily until Xmas Eve, a window pictorial clue, cryptic or WYSIWYG, will be opened. The picture will loosely relate to a person, a place or an event connected to ECFC, Exeweb, or Exeter.

RULES 'N' GUIDELINES:

1. DEADLINE; Answers should be submitted, and subsequent full workings shown, before the following day's window is opened. Final clue deadline is midnight (24th Dec).

2. SCORING; applies to ALL windows;

1 pt - Correct answer, lucky punt, deflected in off your arse, no logic, or a failure to submit workings before deadline.
2 pts - Correct answer, in off the post or bar, plausible but differing logic.
3 pts - Correct answer, 30 yard screamer or a clever well worked tap in, and as per the QM's workings.

3. BONUS POINTS:

- In the event of a 2 pointer having as good as, or even better build up than the QM's ( IHHO ), one bonus point awarded.
- The correct answer for any particularly difficult window ( IHHO ), one bonus point awarded.
- Final limited opportunity window, one supplementary bonus point awarded for a correct answer.

4. ATTEMPTS; no limit, but in the event of a draw, the striker with the least overall attempts wins.

5. DISSENT/FOUL PLAY; yellow card 1pt deduction. Straight red card 3pts deduction and a 3 window ban.

6. WORKINGS; need not accompany an attempt, thus helping or hindering the oppo, but once the correct answer has been confirmed, full workings are required for a maximum score/bonus, before deadline.

7. AMBIGUITY; interpretation of an ambiguous answer is at the discretion of the QM.

8. LEADERBOARD; posted weekly, until the final week, it will then be posted daily for the duration of the run in.

10. PRIZES; for winning EACQ14 is the sole responsibility for reffing next year's farce, EACQ15. Runner up prizes should be the various levels of relief.

Approaching 90 minutes to kick off....good luck !

LOG

This is getting real now.

Just one thing to clarify, if i may. Say that i get one right but, at the time of answering, don't show workings. Do i then have until the next clue to provide them or can someone else nip around the back and tuck it in?

elginCity

Say that i get one right
Then it's your goal for 1 point, regardless of workings. To win 3 pts instead of the 1 pt, you have to show workings before deadline. If somebody else does it for you in the meantime, just be grateful !

Aren't you watching Eggheads ?

StroudGrecian

Scott Golbourne.

LOG

Then it's your goal for 1 point, regardless of workings. To win 3 pts instead of the 1 pt, you have to show workings before deadline. If somebody else does it for you in the meantime, just be grateful !

Aren't you watching Eggheads ?
I'll watch it on iPlayer.

Sorry if i'm being dim, quizmater, but i'm still not entirely clear. I won't carp on about it now but will instead use it as an excuse to rear up, Stroudy style, later into the quiz.

elginCity

i'm still not entirely clear..
No problem {makes a mental note of LOG's number}.

Let's clarify things as best we can before we start ?

LOG

Ok. In my example, i've got a point for the right answer and i've then got until the deadline to pick up the other two by presenting workings. If i don't, those two are absorbed back into the quiz matrix. What if AN Other presents correct workings whilst i'm flapping about? Do they get those two points?

I fear that i've misunderstood something quite fundamentoe.

elginCity

No, the first player to submit the right answer gets the goal, nobody else can claim the points for a goal.

The workings are the build-up to the goal, and are for the goalscorer alone to claim through a solo effort, a team effort (e.g 'Scott Golbourne' might not be the correct answer, but it could be useful to your tactics), or just a lucky punt.

Feckin' hell I've got a headache and not even blown me whistle yet. :mad:

StroudGrecian

'Scott Golbourne' might not be the correct answer
So is it, or isn't it?

LOG

No, the first player to submit the right answer gets the goal, nobody else can claim the points for a goal.

The workings are the build-up to the goal, and are for the goalscorer alone to claim through a solo effort, a team effort (e.g 'Scott Golbourne' might not be the correct answer, but it could be useful to your tactics), or just a lucky punt.

Feckin' hell I've got a headache and not even blown me whistle yet. :mad:
I misunderstood your point 2. in the OP but i think i've got it now.

My odds will have lengthened significantly in the last 45 minutes.