• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Gill/ Elliot Richards

trfc2014

Hiya Tranmere fan back again!

Just to update that Adams says Matt Gill will be leaving the club in the next few days and is being released on a free and also looks like Richards has been up for loan and sale by the club

Seems both of them were very loyal to Edwards and have not taken to Adams as manager

Shame as both have shown potential, Gill was arguably our best player and Richards has shown a lot of potential without having the finish

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
As i said on another thread i would take Richards back.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose seeing as they only went up there because of Edwards I could understand why they felt somewhat out in the cold by his departure.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richards could be the striker Tis wants especially now some money is coming in

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Richards could be the striker Tis wants especially now some money is coming in
Maybe we could do better now and move on to pastures new forward wise?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
They left for the money. Let them sit in the reserves.

manc grecian

Richards is too similar to Nicholls we need a different type of striker.

They left for the money. Let them sit in the reserves.
Apart from retirement, ill health(injury) or being released, every player leaves for the money. Which in effect is what happens in almost every other employment doesn't it?

There is little or no loyalty in football as Rob Edwards has discovered.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Richards is too similar to Nicholls we need a different type of striker.
I presume you mean Tom Nichols, not the Nicholls from Northampton.

I don't think Richards is like Nichols, Richards is more of a create something out of nothing type player who has a burst of pace and a trick or two, last season I often thought he was non existent and then he would come to life, beat a player or two and fire one off or send in a decent cross.

I see Tom Nichols as a goal getter really, I don't see a lot else in his game, he's not quick, he's not strong or powerful etc, he is decent enough at linking play however if he isn't scoring I don't think he brings enough to the table, of course the only way we will know if he is capable of scoring goals on a regular basis is if he is given a run of games in a system that suits him, with Cummins currently doing quite well and the fact Tisdale seems reluctant to pair them up front this currently seems unlikely.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

I really hope we don't resign Matt Gill, we need to move on, we cannot afford to have Gill when we already have the likes of Oakley and Noble.

I imagine Tisdale will look into it though.