• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Living Wage at ECFC?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29807293

What are people's opinions on this? I'm sure there are staff paid by the club who are on less than the living wage, so would you like to see it introduced? I believe Exeter City Council recently adopted it.

I hope the club consider it. Wouldn't cost much more and will tie in nicely with our community club ethos.

gbjpc

Yep. Would like to see this. Even though we are skint and I've no idea how many it would apply to (not many I assume) I too think it would send a good message that ECFC are a good employer.

Big Ted

Absolutely! It should be a legal requirement for all employers.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this one will be filed in the folder labelled "nice to have".

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It should happen.

Saint James

Yep. Would like to see this. Even though we are skint and I've no idea how many it would apply to (not many I assume) I too think it would send a good message that ECFC are a good employer.
Whilst the sentiment is laudable the club is currently in the financial mess it is because no-one is able to run it like a business. As and when/if someone with the right skills to do so comes along all this would do is make a bad situation even worse. In principle a great idea but in practice not in our case.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Whilst the sentiment is laudable the club is currently in the financial mess it is because no-one is able to run it like a business. As and when/if someone with the right skills to do so comes along all this would do is make a bad situation even worse. In principle a great idea but in practice not in our case.
So, you're saying that the problems at the Club are the fault of our low paid staff.

whacker

If the current government has its way or the blue lot get back in next year, don't be at all surprised if they abolish the minimum wage let alone legislate for a living wage!

Saint James

So, you're saying that the problems at the Club are the fault of our low paid staff.
How the bleeding hell did you reach that conclusion based on what I said?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A living wage should be law. If we had a living wage then most in work benefits would not exist. Instead we persist with subsidising employers.