• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

AFC Wimbledon 28th December.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit early I know, but thinking of doing this one with the lad on the train.

Is it easy to get there by train? Is it a good day out, with decent pubs?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Train is easy. Exeter St Davids / Central to Clapham Junction then change and few stops back to Norbiton on the Kingston line. It's a 10 mimute walk from there.No planned engineering works as it stands.

Pubs are hit and miss locally, although the club bar is massive and welcoming. I think most travellers drink in Clapham and then travel back, or Kingston and walk (30 mins) / get the bus.

Worst part is the actual view. Ground is compact and aside from 100 or so seats, the away section consists of a partially covered terrace running behind the dugouts from the half-way line to the corner flag. It is very shallow and lots of pillars. "Facilities" are a few portaloos and mobile burger van.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Silver fox

Cheers chaps thanks for the info (y)

Wimbledon is in London, it has a station and even if geography isn't your thing, there is always Google.

Silver fox

Wimbledon is in London, it has a station and even if geography isn't your thing, there is always Google.
Never!! Thought it was on Mars, thanks for the info though. What's Google? A gay dating website maybe!

motorservices

Never!! Thought it was on Mars, thanks for the info though. What's Google? A gay dating website maybe!
Not say that Foxy, he has issues with them

Silver fox

One to add to the ignore list me thinks :D

Curley

I probably shouldn't be on this part of the forum but what a ******* this rap guy comes across.

motorservices

I probably shouldn't be on this part of the forum but what a ******* this rap guy comes across.
Agreed Curley, i cant believe in this day an age he can hold such views