• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was good for the U-21s last season. Tends to drop a little too deep for me, but that may be under instruction. I'd like to see him start on Saturday if Cummins isn't fit, and be told to get in the box and shoot as much as possible. I can see him winning a penalty

MagzECFC

Was good to see Ollie come on yesterday and actually try and make a difference. Showed real drive to get himself noticed, fought for every ball. Fair play to the lad, this squad needs more competition. Keeps people on their toes.

On the up

Struggled a bit yesterday but did put In the effort. Lad has good skills and some pace, would really like to see him closer to the 1st team.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Struggled a bit yesterday but did put In the effort. Lad has good skills and some pace, would really like to see him closer to the 1st team.
He did, but he definitely has some ability and the right attitude. JM-T and other home growns took a little while to adjust to first team action and JM-T is now really missed when he's absent (as yesterday). I thought Ollie did ok in what was a bit of a pressured situation when he came on yesterday. Hope to see himgiven a chance again before too long.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Showed enthusiasm when he came on, possibly too much. Needs to be more measured but that will come with first team football.

andrew p long

Ollie is very talented and knows where the goal is. But he's 'raw' (copyright LLL) and I have a sneaking feeing it'll be the season after next before we see him regularly in the first team (the comparison with JMT is instructive; the age gap is ?3? years?)

Last edited:

Silver fox

Ollie is very talented and knows where the goal is. But he's 'raw' (copyright LLL) and I have a sneaking feeing it'll be the season after next before we see him regularly in the first team (the comparison with JMT is instructive; the age gap is ?3? years?)
Spot on apl (y)

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spot on apl (y)

think were likely to see him as a regular well b4 that mate,,,,,,, like now!!!!!, tbh after seeing him that night in Coventry i'm surprised its taken this long but sounds as though he's bang on to be our next monied sale. something we've not had in a forward, in fact a player for a while a bit of power, pace and can finish to boot . at the rate watkins is going he'll last all of a season b4 someone prepared to speculate a little comes in. like the geezer that owns Peterborough,not saying he will, but probably someone with that mentality.

Red Bill

What I like about him apart from the fact he makes things happen, is that he's prepared to stick his foot in and mix it up a bit, and if he loses the ball he'll chase all over the field trying to get it back again.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

What I like about him apart from the fact he makes things happen, is that he's prepared to stick his foot in and mix it up a bit, and if he loses the ball he'll chase all over the field trying to get it back again.
spot on - impressed SAT