Page 193 of 244 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2436

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Re: Ollie Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    They play some great stuff, Brentford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get into the play offs and if Ollie continues his form he’ll be going for big bucks next summer imo. If it’s true they’ve already rejected over 10M I can see him going for double that in a year, assuming he keeps the form up all season.
    I think your right up there with your assumption. I’d go even further to say if he continues to improve it may between 20-30 million. I can guarantee he won’t go cheap, have no fear about that. However if we do go up ( a possibility) he may hang around another year, he’s on a very long contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Lost Bee View Post
    I think your right up there with your assumption. I’d go even further to say if he continues to improve it may between 20-30 million. I can guarantee he won’t go cheap, have no fear about that. However if we do go up ( a possibility) he may hang around another year, he’s on a very long contract.
    I think from an ECFC perspective we want him to have a fantastic season, for Brentford to get to the playoff final, Ollie to score a hat-trick, but lose 4-3. That'll maximise his value nicely.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Always had a soft spot for Brentford and their ground (even back in the days when they used to be oppos) - what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!

Always struck me as probably the best step up at the time for Ollie - and, with the add-ons, hopefully a WIN-WIN for both of our clubs.
    Last edited by Grecian2K; 14 August 2018 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    We could do plenty with 2.2m, and plenty more with more. In the meantime do look after his cruciates.
    Yep. Order a big consignment of cotton wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    ...what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!
    Shame they're all rubbish! Magpie and Crown in the High Street FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Shame they're all rubbish! Magpie and Crown in the High Street FTW.
    Interesting article in the Mail today under What's Hot and What's Not. Under HOT-Ollie Watkins. "Scored the goal of the day across all 4 divisions when his 20 yard shot beat Jack Butland. Punctures the myth that you can't play good football in the Championship. Worth a look on the internet" Hopefully will boost his transfer fee when Brentford sell him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Always had a soft spot for Brentford and their ground (even back in the days when they used to be oppos) - what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!

Always struck me as probably the best step up at the time for Ollie - and, with the add-ons, hopefully a WIN-WIN for both of our clubs.
    They're moving aren't they? Building a new ground near Kew Bridge. I wonder if they'll have to sell players to help pay for it?

Can see Watkins moving to a club like Bournemouth and getting an England call up one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    They're moving aren't they? Building a new ground near Kew Bridge. I wonder if they'll have to sell players to help pay for it?

Can see Watkins moving to a club like Bournemouth and getting an England call up one day.
    Sorry to disappoint you. It’s paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Lost Bee View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you. It’s paid for.
    That's a shame

Who/how/what is financing it?

There was a lot of 'buzz' (sorry) a few years ago about Brentford doing 'Money Ball' on transfers etc. Is this still going on? Was it genuine or just media guff?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    That's a shame

Who/how/what is financing it?

There was a lot of 'buzz' (sorry) a few years ago about Brentford doing 'Money Ball' on transfers etc. Is this still going on? Was it genuine or just media guff?
    It’s being financed by the owner a Brentford fan Mathew Benham. If I’ve got it right the old ground is going to the owners as payment or part payment on which they are going to build low level housing. Plus on the new stadium site and a bit of land across the road, yet to be cleared they are building 10 blocks of flats and a hotel. On the Money Ball buzz. It’s only part of whet the club do they will scout players for a very long time and due Mathew Benhams companies Smart Odds and Matchbook have extensive knowledge of huge numbers of talent and underrated players in many countries. So far I think we’ve bought in 13 millions worth of players and sold for just over 50million over the last 4/5 years. Hope this helps.