Page 11 of 155 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Re: Ollie Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    After all, regarding Ollie's 93rd MINUTE WINNER:
    to quote Gordon Spunks: "The shot took a MASSIVE deflection" (?????????)
    Or Morticia Adams: "It was a lucky goal. The lad didn't mean to do it"
    I noted that as well!
    Typical Plymouth Algae 'big club syndrome'.

Not sure really if Ollie can go all the way, but as I said after Crawley, he doesn't lack confidence. Expect more luck and massive deflections before the end of the season then (unless Tis puts him back on the bench which would not surprise me one bit!).
    Last edited by eurogrecian; 03 April 2016 at 19:32.

Noble didn't mean to do a deft over the shoulder flick.
    Watkins didn't mean to then cleverly flick it over and past the Argyle's Craig Tanner.
    Then he didn't mean to do a 'Cruyff' turn leaving the same player for dead.
    Then he didn't mean to shimmy past Jordan Houghton (Adam's man of the match) as if he wasn't there.
    Then he didn't mean to beat him for speed whilst controlling the ball.
    Then he didn't mean to look up and let fly with a belter of a shot.

Dead lucky.

Unlike 'This Charmless Man' Derek Adams' team of mighty warriors who 'totally dominated for 90 minutes (apart from the 10 minutes at the start and the 15 minutes at the end).

I guess, in this case, 'total domination' means 'seeing a fair bit of the ball and forcing just one other meaningful save out of the opposition keeper'.

This game just keeps giving me cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    Watkins didn't mean to then cleverly flick it over and past the Argyle's Craig Tanner.
    Then he didn't mean to shimmy past Jordan Houghton (Adam's man of the match) as if he wasn't there.

Dead lucky.

Unlike 'This Charmless Man' Derek Adams' team of mighty warriors who 'totally dominated for 90 minutes (apart from the 10 minutes at the start and the 15 minutes at the end).

I guess, in this case, 'total domination' means 'seeing a fair bit of the ball and forcing just one other meaningful save out of the opposition keeper'.

We had 54% possession according to the BBC.

Does anyone know how long his contract has left? All I've seen is that he signed a 2 year deal at the start of last season.

While its early days for him in terms of these performances, he has looked damn good for a 20 year old lately. Would be a pity if we were to lose him for compensation this summer without seeing if he can maintain form like this over a full season.

Dead lucky.

Top post Spoonz!��

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    Does anyone know how long his contract has left? All I've seen is that he signed a 2 year deal at the start of last season.

While its early days for him in terms of these performances, he has looked damn good for a 20 year old lately. Would be a pity if we were to lose him for compensation this summer without seeing if he can maintain form like this over a full season.
    We won't lose him for compensation over the summer. He's a sensible lad and has already made it clear that it is his intention - even if things go brilliantly - to play more than 50 times for City, which means staying next season.

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post

The young mans performances will have no doubt attracted interest from clubs up the ladder. I believe you could be right Heinze ECFC as there appears to be no mention of a new contract. It would be sad if this were to the case as from what I have heard it could have been another bumper pay day.
    Last edited by Kingsman; 04 April 2016 at 13:41. Reason: duplication

Just out of interest his mum is a tina turner tribute singer,i hope she dedicates simply the best! For the winning goal!

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Early days for the lad - hopefully he can stay about for about 12 months before moving on

Dead lucky.

David Noble on Kellow's tonight asked if Adams "was on the sauce" with those post-match comments!