• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bloody hell I knew our fanbase was over precious but it is incredible how bitter our supporters come across on here.

Brentford are just doing what we should be doing. Setting up a good scouting network, plucking promising players out of nowhere and selling them on. Hopefully Wheeler will show this is possible.

Maybe you all prefer signing injured players with no sell on value but I prefer the way Brentford, Peterborough etc go about it.
I hope you don't mean me?
Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
the tune of £90m!

andrew p long

Tis said (interview on Youtube) that because of injuries/niggles to Wheeler Holmes and Moxey,they didn't play against Bath.

interesting that he didn't mention why Ollie wasn't playing....

hienzeECFC

He'll be worth jack **** once Brexit kicks in and his work permit is rescinded.

Welcome to the silly season on Exeweb, Y8EES.
that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU

StroudGrecian

that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU
Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?

Pobbop

I hope you don't mean me?
Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
the tune of £90m!
Posh also have a benefactor too, so they both seem really odd examples to aspire too, unless FG knows someone who wants to cough up millions.

Having said that I don't quite understand the antipathy of some towards Bees fans here, even though used to annoy me when they were always on the telly when we were in the same division,probably about 10-1,with similar league results, but hey Sky had a lot less further to travel. Makes quite the cdiffernce financially, but inevitable.

I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.

hienzeECFC

Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?
i speak only the truth

Pobbop

I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.
How can it be irrelevent to your point when you use those 2 clubs to slate us when they clearly have a different financial set-up, and they can afford those risks. Then you mention a time we did do it with Wheeler, and we did with Mackie and Harley and Matt Taylor. So we do look for them, we also do make some incredibly bad signings as every club in history is wont to do, especially us.

Long Lost Bee

It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around £1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.

Banksy

It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around £1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.
If so it's a million light and we could have done better.