Page 105 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1549

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Re: Ollie Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    Bloody hell I knew our fanbase was over precious but it is incredible how bitter our supporters come across on here.

Brentford are just doing what we should be doing. Setting up a good scouting network, plucking promising players out of nowhere and selling them on. Hopefully Wheeler will show this is possible.

Maybe you all prefer signing injured players with no sell on value but I prefer the way Brentford, Peterborough etc go about it.
    I hope you don't mean me?
    Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
    of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
    the tune of 90m!

Tis said (interview on Youtube) that because of injuries/niggles to Wheeler Holmes and Moxey,they didn't play against Bath.

interesting that he didn't mention why Ollie wasn't playing....

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    He'll be worth jack **** once Brexit kicks in and his work permit is rescinded.

Welcome to the silly season on Exeweb, Y8EES.
    that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU

Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU
    Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?

Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    I hope you don't mean me?
    Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
    of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
    the tune of 90m!
    Posh also have a benefactor too, so they both seem really odd examples to aspire too, unless FG knows someone who wants to cough up millions.

Having said that I don't quite understand the antipathy of some towards Bees fans here, even though used to annoy me when they were always on the telly when we were in the same division,probably about 10-1,with similar league results, but hey Sky had a lot less further to travel. Makes quite the cdiffernce financially, but inevitable.

I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?
    i speak only the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.
    How can it be irrelevent to your point when you use those 2 clubs to slate us when they clearly have a different financial set-up, and they can afford those risks. Then you mention a time we did do it with Wheeler, and we did with Mackie and Harley and Matt Taylor. So we do look for them, we also do make some incredibly bad signings as every club in history is wont to do, especially us.

It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around 1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Lost Bee View Post
    It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around 1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.
    If so it's a million light and we could have done better.