Page 105 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1549

Thread: Ollie Watkins

  1. #1041

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    Bloody hell I knew our fanbase was over precious but it is incredible how bitter our supporters come across on here.

    Brentford are just doing what we should be doing. Setting up a good scouting network, plucking promising players out of nowhere and selling them on. Hopefully Wheeler will show this is possible.

    Maybe you all prefer signing injured players with no sell on value but I prefer the way Brentford, Peterborough etc go about it.
    I hope you don't mean me?
    Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
    of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
    the tune of 90m!

  2. #1042

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Tis said (interview on Youtube) that because of injuries/niggles to Wheeler Holmes and Moxey,they didn't play against Bath.

    interesting that he didn't mention why Ollie wasn't playing....

  3. #1043

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IN A CITY WONDERLAND
    Posts
    771

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    He'll be worth jack **** once Brexit kicks in and his work permit is rescinded.

    Welcome to the silly season on Exeweb, Y8EES.
    that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU

  4. #1044
    StroudGrecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Feel my coco beats...
    Posts
    11,469

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    that wont happen. he wont lose his permit, in fact in theory it would increase his value as it becomes harder to sign new players from the EU
    Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?

  5. #1045
    Pobbop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    I hope you don't mean me?
    Good luck to BFC, I'd personally sell my granny for a season in the second tier. That said let's not talk
    of the 'Brentford Way' or their 'economic model' when some fella is bankrolling them to
    the tune of 90m!
    Posh also have a benefactor too, so they both seem really odd examples to aspire too, unless FG knows someone who wants to cough up millions.

    Having said that I don't quite understand the antipathy of some towards Bees fans here, even though used to annoy me when they were always on the telly when we were in the same division,probably about 10-1,with similar league results, but hey Sky had a lot less further to travel. Makes quite the cdiffernce financially, but inevitable.

  6. #1046

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

    You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.

  7. #1047

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IN A CITY WONDERLAND
    Posts
    771

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    Can I whoosh this? do we still whoosh?
    i speak only the truth

  8. #1048
    Pobbop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    I now both clubs have benefactors however that is irrelevant in my point. My point is that gambling on lower league players (for us I am talking non-league) is more viable for making money in the long term, rather than picking up Simpson or Morrison.

    You don't need a billionaire to do this. Just some scouts who put the hours in and a manager willing to take what some class as a risk.
    How can it be irrelevent to your point when you use those 2 clubs to slate us when they clearly have a different financial set-up, and they can afford those risks. Then you mention a time we did do it with Wheeler, and we did with Mackie and Harley and Matt Taylor. So we do look for them, we also do make some incredibly bad signings as every club in history is wont to do, especially us.

  9. #1049

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around 1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.

  10. #1050
    Banksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mersham Kent
    Posts
    3,263

    Re: Ollie Watkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Lost Bee View Post
    It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around 1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.
    If so it's a million light and we could have done better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •