• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

hardi2b

Reportedly Forest offer of 4Million according to World Transfer twitter post

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd take that all day long...if true!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If all of this is true I think we should take the 4m and maintain our integrity..if we start playing around we may end up with nothing.

Dubai Grecian

Anything over 3m plus a +20% sell on clause would be a great deal

Red Bill

Bite their blooming hands off!!

I'd be surprised if we could get any more and Forrest would be a good club for him to go to, particularly if we had a decent sell on.

Last edited:

muppetdodger

That would be absolutely bonkers, Watkins may be a good player at league two level but 4m; really?? He isn't in any way worth 4m so if this is true take it and run to the hills with the money. He's had one and a half good seasons and even then he is a bit patchy at times and some of his decision making is poor at times. Wow, just wow if this is true!

Exe on Valdez

4 mill is the kind of figure that you get to when there is a bidding war. He may yet be over-valued even more if more clubs get involved.

Personally I don't think it is true, unless half of it is conditional add ons (i.e. rising to 4 mill) but I live in hope.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A mention of a comparison between Watkins and Collymore on this short but amusing thread.
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46051&

tonykellowfan

A few of the posts on here are along the lines of, he has only one season, how good is he etc.

You have to remember that kind of talent and prospect is thin on the ground. Looking at other clubs in L2, how many other players of that age are there who broke through last season and made such a good impression?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He's the EFL's Young Player of the Year. That must count for a lot in his valuation. Also, what Championship side will want to let him end up at another club and he proves himself at that level?