Page 192 of 193 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1925

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Re: Ollie Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post
    Shall we get back on topic, any Monday murmurs on Ollie moving on to bigger and better things?
    As far as I understand it, Watkins is not for sale in this window.

I believe the view being taken is, that his value will continue to increase, he's still got a number of years left on his contract and at the moment we want to keep him. This is the year I think that our owner wants to really push for promotion and keeping the squad largely intact is important to achieving that.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    ...but apparently the Bees turned down 10m for a bloke called Maupay (is that the name?).
    I've not heard any bids being received for Maupay.

Given he's pretty much our only recognised striker, No. 9 at the moment, the view would be I'm sure that he's not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    Thanks. Can you say any more about the big bid that has been turned down?
    I haven't heard of any big bids for Watkins. He's being tracked by a number of clubs, but no serious bids have come in that I know of.

They recently turned down £20m for Chris Mepham from Leicester, do you mean that?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    Thanks. Can you say any more about the big bid that has been turned down?
    Yep. Over 10 million from a Premier Club. I can say no more than that. But trust me Iím correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Lost Bee View Post
    Yep. Over 10 million from a Premier Club. I can say no more than that. But trust me I’m correct.
    £11m from Southampton as far as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BerksBee View Post
    We could do plenty with £2.2m, and plenty more with more. In the meantime do look after his cruciates.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    We could do plenty with £2.2m, and plenty more with more. In the meantime do look after his cruciates.
    It would be a twenty percent sell on fee, based on profit over and above what we initially received. So 20% of 9.2million, not the full 11million.

Incidentally, have a look at the video of Ollie's goal on Saturday - there's one out there showing the full build up. The finish itself was fantastic, but if Barcelona had produced the team move leading up to it SSN would've spontaneously combusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Incidentally, have a look at the video of Ollie's goal on Saturday - there's one out there showing the full build up. The finish itself was fantastic, but if Barcelona had produced the team move leading up to it SSN would've spontaneously combusted.
    They play some great stuff, Brentford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get into the play offs and if Ollie continues his form he’ll be going for big bucks next summer imo. If it’s true they’ve already rejected over £10M I can see him going for double that in a year, assuming he keeps the form up all season.

Quote Originally Posted by BerksBee View Post
    �� Spot on.