Page 211 of 219 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2188

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Re: Ollie Watkins

You think stoke are bigger than derby? Rowett left because he was promised more money to spend on the squad at stoke because they weren’t under as much pressure from the FFP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Strikes me as a bit of a "Gary Rowett type move". First 'big' club to flutter their eyelids at him and he's gone.

Shame for Ollie I think.

Brentford to get Warburton back?

Smith is a Villa fan, was at the '82 European Cup final and his Dad was a steward at Villa for years, I don't think he'd have left for any other club in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    Dean smith appointed villa manager tonight - big bid for Ollie coming? Have villa got enough money?
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    Bad news methinks. Everything was going so well...
    Could mean Brentford are more likely to accept a bid in Jan (assuming a bid is forthcoming from the rumoured Premier League suitors). Not sure Villa would be a good move for him - unless they are planning to move on Jack Grealish (as I don't think he and Ollie would fit well into the same team, they both play a similar role, either floating behind the striker or coming in off the left side.)

Perhaps the other Brentford forwards are more tempting targets than Ollie and he'll stay put.

Also to add, if Ollie does move on in Jan, it may mean that Brentford would want to recall Ogbene from his loan spell with us (just a guess on my part based on zero inside knowledge.)

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

Maupay has got to be interesting clubs higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Strikes me as a bit of a "Gary Rowett type move". First 'big' club to flutter their eyelids at him and he's gone.

Shame for Ollie I think.

Brentford to get Warburton back?
    As the Clique says, it's his big club. Smith is a big Villa fan. When the club you supported as a boy comes knocking, it's hard to say no.
    [/I]

Wonder if Brentford will handle their transition period as well as City has. Hopefully the Bees' new manager will appreciate Ollie..

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Wonder if Brentford will handle their transition period as well as City has. .
    Depends if they refer to it as their implementation period, if so it'll turn into a right shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BerksBee View Post
    I've decided that whatever I say isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to anyone on here so I concede defeat. If you all want to keep pointing to the fact that it's because we have a wealthy owner and ignore everything else, that's entirely your prerogative to do so.

The reality however is somewhat different to what you choose to 'want' to believe.

Throwing tons of money into a football Club is no guarantee of success. The Championship is littered with wealthy clubs with wealthy owners who cannot get out of the championship and some (Sunderland) who can't even stay there. Aston Villa were weeks away from administration before they were taken over. A club the size of Aston Villa?

If you think an investment (actually mostly a series of loans that will need to be paid back at some point) of 100m (over 5 years!) allows you to complete at Championship level, you're gravely mistaken, because compared to the wealth of many of the other Championship clubs it's peanuts.

I don't think many of you truly understand what it takes to be competitive in the Championship, because if you did, you wouldn't keep coming out with these daft comments.
    All gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there.