• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hit or miss gentleman opinions please ?

only seen him the once, but first impressions, he looked a slightly timid almost ungainly leggy young colt,

but watching him, seemed have a decent first touch, when he decides to use it a nice turn of pace, a bit of power and physical presence about him most

importantly an eye for goal. needs to seriously up his work rate, forget his age and inexperience use his assets impose himself more. With gentle handling and a

touch of patience maybe just maybe we could have a serious 'player' on our hands.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I went to the Weston pre-season friendly, youngest ever City team I had ever seen, and to be fair Weston are not top opposition, but Ollie was the best player on the park by a country mile in my opinion

denzil

Head down and keep at it Ollie :)

IBA

Thought our Ollie was the only positive from our display against Argyle

JamieEcfc

Think he needs to run at defenders more, seems good on the ball though

Redporky21

He will be fine as long as he has the right attitude

Terryhall

Hit or miss gentleman opinions please ?

only seen him the once, but first impressions, he looked a slightly timid almost ungainly leggy young colt,

but watching him, seemed have a decent first touch, when he decides to use it a nice turn of pace, a bit of power and physical presence about him most

importantly an eye for goal. needs to seriously up his work rate, forget his age and inexperience use his assets impose himself more. With gentle handling and a

touch of patience maybe just maybe we could have a serious 'player' on our hands.
Agree with that, he's not the finished article but he could turn out to be some player if he works at it. Another good exciting prospect and hopefully he can get a few 1st team games this year.

Only seen him against Flum u-23, but from that game the other thing I think he brings is that their right back was tearing us open for the whole game until Ollie came on near the end to keep him occupied, he looks like one of those players who keeps a defender focused on defending rather than getting forward on the overlap.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw him on his debut at hartlepool. Impressed with what i saw and took his goal well on tuesday. Hopefully can turn into a decent player with us.

berniesworld

He played well in Brazil, deffo one to watch for the future as he develops

Last edited: