• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite ground and why ?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has anybody ever started a thread on this before on here ?, Antman got me thinking about it with his favourite player thread, again could be for any reason in any division.

I've been to about 60 ish and my favourite is Villa Park. Love the Trinity Road stand and the entrance to the Holte, and when full creates a fantastic atmosphere. In terms of watching City, I've always liked going to Hereford, had a couple of great days there when City took loads in the late 80's / early nineties, and that away end is designed for a great atmosphere......

Silver fox

Got to be Filbert Street for me, Pen two next to the away fans, and sitting in the double decker above them and pouring blue dye through the gaps in the floor, oh what memories..

Mackster

Upton Park before they modernised it. Fantastic at night, a tight, packed ground that had the added excitement of being pwoper nawty. Gotta also mention the Old Den, you took your life in your hands walking through the council estate and once you crossed under the railway bridge there was no way back.

Recently I would say Saltergate for real nostalgia.

Alistair20000

SJP innit. Or don't that count ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
For atmosphere always liked Preston before modernisation.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Rec. Especially now the away fans are housed in the East Bank. Long climb up the hill to get there though!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
SJP obviously.