• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another Thought

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
A totally hypothetical question but what would it take for a individual to buy the club? Before anyone gets on their high horse the reason I'm asking is that the Trust is the majority shareholder not the total out right owner and i have seen on here there is some historical share issue from way back that people own? So would a individual just be able to come in and put money on the table or are their persons who have a financial interest in the background?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A totally hypothetical question but what would it take for a individual to buy the club? Before anyone gets on their high horse the reason I'm asking is that the Trust is the majority shareholder not the total out right owner and i have seen on here there is some historical share issue from way back that people own? So would a individual just be able to come in and put money on the table or are their persons who have a financial interest in the background?
The trust's shareholding would go to the membership of the trust and be voted on.

Other peoples shares would be obviously for each individual to decide.

As for the shares which are in a suspended account or something you are best off asking someone like right-wing as i suspect he knows or has an idea of what can or cannot happen with those

PeteUSA

Other peoples shares would be obviously for each individual to decide. As for the shares which are in a suspended account or something you are best off asking someone like rightwing as I suspect he knows or has an idea of what can or cannot happen with those.
One of the problems thats generally mooted on here when this 'buy the club' idea crops up, is that many of shareholders are either dead, or so old they've forgotten they've got any shares!

From memory, I dont believe I've got any.:(

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the problems thats generally mooted on here when this 'buy the club' idea crops up, is that many of shareholders are either dead, or so old they've forgotten they've got any shares!

From memory, I dont believe I've got any.:(
I know i do not have any :(

A lot of the issue surrounding shares is because of how badly run the club has been managed in the past. Hopefully the trust and club can make some progression on this.

DB9

I know i do not have any :(

A lot of the issue surrounding shares is because of how badly run the club has been managed in the past. Hopefully the trust and club can make some progression on this.
It has been 10 years and still no progress, That is what sums up the Trust for me

crocks

It has been 10 years and still no progress, That is what sums up the Trust for me
Absolutely spot on. Procrastination and indecision rules.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I quite agree on the issue of the shareholding. Has been a complete and utter failure but without knowing all the facts i would not want to comment on individuals but that has been a trust objective from the very early days to increase its standing of shareholding.

DB9

I quite agree on the issue of the shareholding. Has been a complete and utter failure but without knowing all the facts i would not want to comment on individuals but that has been a trust objective from the very early days to increase its standing of shareholding.
Well after a decade that to me has failed, Even without knowing the facts, You wouldn't buy a business and know that you don't have overall charge to sell (If they wanted to) People have banged on for years that no one would come in or who would, Perhaps this is one of the main reasons?

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well after a decade that to me has failed, Even without knowing the facts, You wouldn't buy a business and know that you don't have overall charge to sell (If they wanted to) People have banged on for years that no one would come in or who would, Perhaps this is one of the main reasons?
I meant i would not comment on individuals without know the facts. As for the overall picture then it has been a complete and utter failure.

PeteUSA

In all seriousness, I dont know how the club can at this stage have any kind of record of every shareholder (alive or dead) that constitutes a say in the club. I suppose the only answer would be to put a big ad in one of the bigger newspapers asking for people who consider themselves shareholders to make themselves known? One hell of a project though.