Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Balanced Scorecard thread

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Re: The 2014/15 Balanced Scorecard thread

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Well done Alan. I HOPE this thread can be that oasis of positivity and that others might at least have a modicum of respect for that and TRY to leave the other baggage on the doorstep. September might become a defining month.

If September continues as it has started then you might be correct. I recall when we went down from league one we got five points from the first ten games and it's far from certain at the moment that we will match that let alone beat it.

The positivity I can find is that despite being bottom I don't think we have a terrible side and I do think there are lots of other rubbish sides in this division.

We can also all be positive that in Matt Grimes we might have a short-term financial saviour.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by Bittners a Legend View Post
    The positivity I can find is that despite being bottom I don't think we have a terrible side and I do think there are lots of other rubbish sides in this division.

We can also all be positive that in Matt Grimes we might have a short-term financial saviour.
    I agree , perhaps in January letting Grimes go for a decent fee will help - obviously he's a talent but the money can be used to improve the whole squad.

So, September will be balanced even if we lose against Bury, and here's hoping we can do even better. Also nice to be up at the one point per game level (p9 pts9). I've not given up on getting the season back in balance by the 11 or 12 game 'quarter season mark' but it will be a big ask over the next two games against the table toppers and away to Curo's Daggers.

2014/15 SEASON SO FAR - W2 D3 L4

SEPTEMBER - W2 D1 L1
    L Mansfield h
    D Oxford h
    W Cambridge a
    W Tranmere a
    Bury h

PREVIOUS MONTH

AUGUST - W0 D2 L3
    D Portsmouth h
    L Plymouth a
    L Burton a
    D York h
    L Northampton a

2014/15 SEASON SO FAR - W3 D3 L4

Never mind the home victory, we've made it to 'one goal per game' which, to be honest, is a pretty basic requirement for a team but seemed a long way off at the end of last month. (Still no clean sheet, but so long as the 2-1 wins keep coming, who cares...)

We're still only 17th in the table, but if we'd won 4-0 at Gargoyle we'd be in the play-offs now

Looking ahead to October, well, so far as this thread is concerned, the chance to balance our scorecard on Friday at Daggers is MASSIVE. See you there!

Anyway, it's the end of the month, so time to celebrate a magnificent September with 'promotion chasing form' from the bauys even allowing for the Mansfield disappointment.

SEPTEMBER - W3 D1 L1
    L Mansfield h
    D Oxford h
    W Cambridge a
    W Tranmere a
    W Bury h

PREVIOUS MONTH

AUGUST - W0 D2 L3
    D Portsmouth h
    L Plymouth a
    L Burton a
    D York h
    L Northampton a

Well we got past the 10 point mark, Al, so every reason to be pleased as you say. Your boy Cummins looks really good now we've ditched our crazy tactics and given him some company up front. Money very well spent there. Onwards and upwards.

Geddon City. W4 D3 L4. Our scorecard is balanced.
    Last edited by Alan Crockford; 05 October 2014 at 16:55.

astonishing - the scorcard is balanced (not a state of mind I would have attributed a month ago to anyone who suggested we would get four consecutive wins..)

Superb stuff. The key thing here though is 'balanced', just as a run of losses was no need for doom and gloom, similarly a run of wins is no call for dancing in the streets. We've still got more than 3/4 of the season to go and in my mind at least, 50 points is the first milestone.

So, the run’s over - and indeed our season running total has slipped to W4 D3 L5 - so let’s re-focus on keeping the month in decent shape.

So far, it’s okay, but I think we’ll do well to keep it balanced…

OCTOBER - W1 D0 L1

WON - 3 Oct - Dagenham away
    LOST - 11 Oct - Hartlepool home
    18 Oct - Southend away
    21 Oct - Wycombe home
    26 Oct - Morecambe away