Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Balanced Scorecard thread

Banned

Re: The 2014/15 Balanced Scorecard thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Rapscallion View Post
    We have no money and will continue to struggle with the Trust as majority shareholder. That is reality. Things will worsen. Tisdale is working wonders with the resources at his disposal, the scorecard will always be unbalanced until The Trust sell up or kill Exeter City.
    I would consider we had a competitive / very manageable league 2 budget last season and the season before that.

Why do you think our budget is lower this year ??

This question is open to others as well as The Rapscallion.
    Last edited by wemissmoxey; 24 August 2014 at 13:29.

We have no money and will continue to struggle with the Trust as majority shareholder. That is reality. Things will worsen. Tisdale is working wonders with the resources at his disposal, the scorecard will always be unbalanced until The Trust sell up or kill Exeter City.
    I am laughing reasonably hard at this unsupported hyperbole.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wemissmoxey View Post
    I would consider we had a competitive / very manageable league 2 budget last season and the season before that.

Why do you think our budget is lower this year ??

This question is open to others as well as The Rapscallion.
    The budget was not competitive last year and we are not competitive this year. We have no money and we are going bust. We will not be able to pay the players wages once again in the next couple of months baring a miracle and we are out of miracles. The cutting costs through players contracts not being renewed and paid board members leaving just reduce the outgoings and do not increase revenue. The Trust Board are weak and will be held accountable for their neglect which will lead to City going out of business. I understand the Club board lying and papering over the cracks but I cannot accept the Trust Board doing nothing. Failure to act, failure to expose the true financial situation will not be tolerated and there will be nowhere to hide. The Trust Board are killing Exeter City, not saving it. There is not enough coming in to stop another PFA loan. Any Trust Board member taking expenses is an enemy of the fans of the Club. A volunteer who takes expenses now, with the financial plight as it is is a thief in my eyes. Put the Club up for sale and tell the fans the true financial situation? Remember a business who orders services or goods knowing they cannot pay for the services/ goods is committing fraud. Ignorance is no defence in law. You have been warned

Lets not drag this OT chaps - the draw against York doubles our points tally for the season, yes it's clutching at straws a but but even so, I'll drink to that . We've had a slow start this season combined with a tough run of matches but as Bitts said before, next month has some more winnable games and come the end of September we should have a clearer idea of where our season is headed. Anything that we can pick up away to Northampton is a bonus I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Crockford View Post
    So, August is going to be a negative, needing a win at Northampton to salvage a point per game.

A draw at Sixfields followed by back-to-back September home wins would get us back on an even keel...

2014/14 SEASON SO FAR - W0 D2 L2

AUGUST - W0 D2 L2
    D Portsmouth h
    L Plymouth a
    L Burton a
    D York h
    Northampton a

SEPTEMBER
    Mansfield h
    Oxford h
    Cambridge a
    Tranmere a
    Bury h
    We survived with 55pts last season, that is all I am looking at again this season. 55pts already seems a big ask with our lack of goalscoring and ability to kill games. I can't see us getting much at Sixfields, but Sept is already looking like a huge month.

We've really got to go for it against Oxford & Mansfield, teams that are currently our peers and amongst the weakest in the League. 1 point every other game will not help our cause. Cambridge & Sir Rob are still finding their feet, Bury will have a good season, so getting a point in each wouldn't be too disappointing, providing we have picked up those 2 early wins.

So if we get 9pts in Sept, giving us a total of 11pts, it would just about put us back on course for the magic 55pts. Anything less and we would already be really struggling.

Banned

We have no money and we are going bust.
    I don't disagree with you and I called this two years ago whilst the usual suspects were claiming everything was rosy in the ECFC garden.

Tisdale is one of the main reasons for this, you seem to conveniently ignore that.
    Last edited by wemissmoxey; 25 August 2014 at 12:51.

I see that 442 magazine predicts us finishing 23rd.

But they also have Cheltenham finishing bottom and Morecambe finishing 22nd.

Well done Alan. I HOPE this thread can be that oasis of positivity and that others might at least have a modicum of respect for that and TRY to leave the other baggage on the doorstep. September might become a defining month.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Crockford;1449038 - updated with August's results
    2014/14 SEASON SO FAR - W0 D2 L3

AUGUST - W0 D2 L3
    D Portsmouth h
    L Plymouth a
    L Burton a
    D York h
    L Northampton a

SEPTEMBER
    Mansfield h
    Oxford h
    Cambridge a
    Tranmere a
    Bury h
    Still no wins. Really need to change that this weekend! The potential there for September to be a much more positive month (in terms of beatable opposition and 3 home games). Hopefully the scorecard will be looking much more balanced come 1st October.

Greetings from the bottom of the League.

September continued where August left off, only worse in that the unbeaten home League Two record that has so captured the imagination of Devon's sporting public has, like all impossible dreams, proved too good to last.

Anyway, back to taking it a month at a time, and our primary aim is to bag at least 5 or 7 points from the next four games to get September balanced. Or I guess three draws and a defeat too, which we could at least achieve without a shot on target.

Bring on Oxford, and I'll finally get my chance to make a difference by seeing City in person at Cambridge. Look out you over-privileged Oxbridge intellectuals, we're coming to get you...

2014/15 SEASON SO FAR - W0 D2 L4

SEPTEMBER - W0 D0 L1
    L Mansfield h
    Oxford h
    Cambridge a
    Tranmere a
    Bury h

PREVIOUS MONTH

AUGUST - W0 D2 L3
    D Portsmouth h
    L Plymouth a
    L Burton a