• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Reid

Red Monster

This explains why he wasn't involved much last season,lets hope he can get back to full fitness and show us what he's capable of.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-striker-Jamie-Reid-reveals-injury/story-21288385-detail/story.html

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a frustrating injury....

Hopefully he'll get fully fit and will play the majority of pre season games as he'll be needed from the off. I'm not convinced he's a natural goalscorer, mind, but he does have some pace and power so would be a good option.

GrecianWonder

No! Surely not! It had to have been Tis' fault he wasn't playing!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still undecided on Reid as I simply haven't seen enough of him to make judgement.

He does have pace though which is always a good thing but from the little I have seen his touch is not the best.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen him have one magnificent game and a few very mediocre ones. Time will tell but he clearly has talent that needs to be nurtured.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never rated Reid in the slightest. Probably down to the fact I've missed his only good game in a City shirt. Seems to have no control in his dribbling, nor his shooting.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This is where the club doesn't help itself IMO. Football fans are naturally nosey about what is going on at their club and will try to fill in the blanks if stuff isn't announced or explained. Obviously not everything is Tisdale's fault, but when someone isn't playing and it hasn't been said that he is injured or how long he is likely to be out it's hardly surprising that you get speculation. Especially when the team is performing badly also.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps the club could have communicated the circumstances of his injury sooner?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is where the club doesn't help itself IMO. Football fans are naturally nosey about what is going on at their club and will try to fill in the blanks if stuff isn't announced or explained. Obviously not everything is Tisdale's fault, but when someone isn't playing and it hasn't been said that he is injured or how long he is likely to be out it's hardly surprising that you get speculation. Especially when the team is performing badly also.
Have to agree, I understand why sometimes they don't want to let on about details of injuries, but in this case it just doesn't make sense as to why nothing was said before.

Anyway, it sounds a pretty awful injury, hope he recovers from it soon. We need all the players we have this upcoming season.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possibly one of those troublesome injuries/conditions that are hard to shake off but good luck to the lad for a full recovery.

He looked a real handful at Womble the season before last. Has pace, strength and aggression; none of which figures that much in a Cheesedale team. He is still raw and work in progress. Need to see more of him.