• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mourinho vs Tisdale

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to make clear, I thought we were abject yesterday and that Tisdale's team selection and tactics defied belief.

Having read somewhere that Scot Bennett said the players were told to let Torquay have the ball, I couldn't help but laugh when Mourinho said after tonight's game, 'I told our players not to keep the ball too much, because Atletico press well."

Seems there are more similarities between the Chipnickers and Athletico Madrid than one might think! ;-)

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
JM is another boring negative arrogant **** so the comparison is good.

Utter Terry

JM is another boring negative arrogant **** so the comparison is good.
At least he gets results. Tiswas just looks after his pension fund.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chelsea have the special one.

We have the arrogant one.

LL

AndyR

I'd like to make clear, I thought we were abject yesterday and that Tisdale's team selection and tactics defied belief.

Having read somewhere that Scot Bennett said the players were told to let Torquay have the ball, I couldn't help but laugh when Mourinho said after tonight's game, 'I told our players not to keep the ball too much, because Atletico press well."

Seems there are more similarities between the Chipnickers and Athletico Madrid than one might think! ;-)
A tongue in cheek OP I know, but of course Chelsea were playing a top European side away from home, whereas we were playing a team at the bottom of the League at home.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mourinho's a winner, Tisdale's a loser.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're both arrogant *****.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're both arrogant *****.
Mourinho can back his arrogance up with results (77 home league games without defeat?). Tisdale on the otherhand....

LL

FAN-TATIC

There is nothing new about this "Let them keep the ball" viewpoint. I remember a post match interview with MK Dons manager Karl Robinson after we had lost to the Dons at their place. He said and I quote: "I told the lads to let them keep the ball in the middle of the pitch. We let them pass it around as much as they liked in that area, they weren't going to cause us any harm."

It's apparent that some have interpreted Bennett's comment incorrectly. I was complaining on Saturday that City were allowing Torquay to come at them rather than closing them down in midfield. This in my opinion is what Bennett was referring to. It was not to allow them to keep the ball per se, but to allow them to do so in the middle of the pitch.

As for the comparison between Mourinho and Tisdale, there isn't any, Mourinho is in a different League, he is an international successful manager at the very top of his profession.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Mourinho is doing well at a club (as he usual is) he only very occasionally needs to reel out the complete ****e that he spouts in press conferences in order to detract attention from the real reasons for their defeat (ie his management & his players). Now that he is going through a wobble his ****e is being spouted more often. Although Chelsea fans love him at the moment they would soon grow weary of him deflecting the blame if they started next season badly and he was making these bull**** excuses on a regular basis.

This is similar to Tis. When things were going well he only had to give the occasional spikey, evasive interview, as defeats were few & far between. Now that we lose pretty much every time we play at home, and quite often away, all we here from him is a stunning inability to answer questions properly and a talent for blaming everything other than his management & his players.

And we're bored to tears of it.

Never accepting responsibility for defeat only works for a manager who doesn't lose very often. Tis is no longer one of those managers.

Last edited: