• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Gosling

JamieEcfc

Has he been injured? What's happened to him?

At the end of last season I backed him to step up this season but he's completely gone of the radar and from what I've seen of him there certainly isn't anything wrong with his ability which is keeping him out of the team I don't think..

Would be good to see Gosling on the left and Wheeler on the right in midfield and see how that pans out

Any ideas?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has he been injured? What's happened to him?

At the end of last season I backed him to step up this season but he's completely gone of the radar and from what I've seen of him there certainly isn't anything wrong with his ability which is keeping him out of the team I don't think..

Would be good to see Gosling on the left and Wheeler on the right in midfield and see how that pans out

Any ideas?
Played in the Plymouth Parkway game mid February.

wemissmoxey

Any ideas?
I've been banging this drum for ages, two wide players full of running and adventure, I'm all for it, it won't happen.

Silver fox

Sounds like he's been bombed out by Tis.

Xavi

It's appalling that Jake has been discarded. Pace, skill, great crosser, gets back and defends. Makes no sense at all. Frear was a similar player treated in the same way. It's no wonder our home form is awful. I had a season ticket not so long ago, now I don't go at all because the selections and tactics make no sense,p; there are many others like me.

I have seen one game all season at Torquay and I left with optimism, mainly because of what I saw in Grimes, Nichols and Wheeler. I do agree with Tis on one point - Grimes is fantastic - but ditching these other talented players could cost the club its future.

Alistair20000

I've been banging this drum for ages, two wide players full of running and adventure, I'm all for it, it won't happen.
You have indeed Missy. With that combo we might even have got something more out of the misfiring Sam Parkin.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mentioned this on another thread.

It's a real shame for Jake as I and I know many others were big fans of his.

If we were to get a new manager there would be no doubt that Jake would be in and around the first team.

wemissmoxey

You have indeed Missy. With that combo we might even have got something more out of the misfiring Sam Parkin.
I'm not Parkin's biggest fan however we have hardly given the guy a realistic chance, playing him up front by himself does not suit him, he is simply not mobile enough, perhaps a pairing of him and Nichols with Gosling and Wheeler providing the width would be a logical option, once again it won't happen.

Alistair20000

I'm not Parkin's biggest fan however we have hardly given the guy a realistic chance, playing him up front by himself does not suit him, he is simply not mobile enough, perhaps a pairing of him and Nichols with Gosling and Wheeler providing the width would be a logical option, once again it won't happen.
I am 100% with you on all of that.

Pete Martin (CTID)

He was pulled off by Tisdale after just 36 minutes of the first half in the home game against Dagenham on 6th April last year and replaced by Bauza. When questioned about the substitution in his post match interview, Tisdale said the substitution was tactical but mumbled that he (Gossie) wasn't having a good game. We went on to lose that match 0-1, after the Daggers had scored in the 5th minute.

Gosling has warmed the bench on the odd occasion since and played the whole of the JPT game against Wycombe on September 3rd but, as they say, "that's about it folks".