• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2014

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Domestic fixtures out today. I thought the all new fixture list was supposed to make sense.

Surrey have 10 days of cricket out of the 31 available in August - 6 of which are 50 over games (only 1 of which is at a weekend)
Whereas when the World Cup is on they have a breathless schedule of 4 day cricket Sunday to Wednesday and a 20/20 on Friday evening for7 weeks on the trot

And nice of the suits at SCCC not to have a single weekend 20/20 game to attract the younger audience, yet again. I know the corporate post-work crowd pays the bills but it would be nice to have one on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon now there are 7 home games. Still I'm sure when we are battling with Gloucs for the wooden spoon and we sign Tendulkar for a month, the money will be spent

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I looked through our fixtures and I'm sure there's a misprint in that there aren't any CC games against Sorry this year. Funny that.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I looked through our fixtures and I'm sure there's a misprint in that there aren't any CC games against Sorry this year. Funny that.
Well, as Surrey have won almost twice as many County Championships as Middlesex in their history, they can afford to have a season or two off....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Incidentally on the off-chance I entered the ballot for an Oval ticket vs India next year and I was successful, so I'll be at a Test match (4th day) for the first time since 1988.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am slacking
Firstly- I normally have my Somerset season ticket by now.
Secondly- I haven't got any international tickets for this year so far, no doubt I will waste time n money on some
Thirdly - I didn't start this thread!
(doh)

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bought my membership today for 2014 at Somerset CCC ready for another year of semi finals! and a relegation fight in the championship!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which England internationals and where should I go this summer?
Max I can do is 2 single days either weekend or in the holidays
Venues I can attend are
-Lords - got to get in the ballot in Feb
-Edgbaston
-Rose Bowl
?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Save a day for T20 Final's Greg

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see our zummerset boy Alfonso Thomas s in the final of the big bash in Aus

Bittners a Legend

Bought my membership today for 2014 at Somerset CCC ready for another year of semi finals! and a relegation fight in the championship!
I think Somerset will surprise people this year, Greg.

We are potentially looking at a top 5 of: Trescothick, Peterson, Compton, Hildreth, Kieswetter. Not too shabby on paper. It looks like Craig Overton is back and fit and his brother has already shown what he can do...add to that the experience of the likes of Kirby and Thomas and I think Somerset will do well this year if England don't steal Compton (which seems unlikely) and players stay fit.

Plus they really, really rate the spinner Jack Leach. Suggestions he might be a real surprise package this year.