• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last band you saw live

Red Lion

I've trawled through the 5 pages that remain since the Exeweb cull and can't find the original. If it still exists, MODS please add this post to the original thread and accept my apologies.

Today went to Burnham on Sea and saw the mighty Skimmity Hitchers.

The only way to describe them is as a modern day Wurzels.

Brilliant, definitely need to get them playing at the Centre Spot, and even though they're from Dorset, lots of their songs should be part of our pre-match/half time entertainment.

Catch them on youtube, they're brilliant, honest!!!!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depeche Mode, O2 arena.

Next band I'm seeing live? Depeche Mode, Manchester.

Redvee

Depeche Mode, O2 arena.

Next band I'm seeing live? Depeche Mode, Manchester.
Do you like Depeche Mode, Fred?

Last band I saw was The Lancashire Hotpots in SH, absolute crap, at least it was free.
There is a Blondie tribute band called Blondette playing the Citadel soon so may give that a go.

MikeGrecian

Back along i saw one of me favourite bands from when i was younger Radical Dance Faction at Torrington,they were absolutely cracking.Was going to watch me all time favourites The Orb at the Exeter Phoenix in November until i realised it's on a Bloody Wednesday night.:mad:

Dylan

The Orb are cracking on CD's etc but Live at The Phoenix?? You having a Tin Bath??

Just standing there looking at the stage/ceiling all night? Little Fluffy Gonads.

China Crisis at the Upton-Upon-Severn Festival 2 weekends ago. They were great fun for Scousers!

Unfortunately, Neville Staples and Alexander O'Neil both had strops; The Wurzels were as good as ever and The Bucks Fizz girls did their 'Skirt' routine so there was a positive from the weekend.

MikeGrecian

The Orb are cracking on CD's etc but Live at The Phoenix?? You having a Tin Bath??

Just standing there looking at the stage/ceiling all night? Little Fluffy Gonads.

China Crisis at the Upton-Upon-Severn Festival 2 weekends ago. They were great fun for Scousers!

Unfortunately, Neville Staples and Alexander O'Neil both had strops; The Wurzels were as good as ever and The Bucks Fizz girls did their 'Skirt' routine so there was a positive from the weekend.
Never been there,Saw them at the Lemon Grove 20 yers ago but have seen them a number of times since-usually suitably refreshed in a field or summint.As for China Crisis,Alexander o Neil and Bucks Fizz,surely tis you who are having a laugh:D

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster

They're all crap.

Mid Devon Clown

Just standing there looking at the stage/ceiling all night?
Five minutes on the patio with one of your special carrots and you'd be alright I reckon.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Last band I saw was Camper Van Beethoven at the end of May. Finally got to saw them, and they didn't disappoint. Went for a beer with a couple of the band after too. Well, they were a few feet along the bar from me while I was chatting to the bloke who runs a fan site of theirs.

Grecian68

Sultans of Ping F.C. and Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine at Exeter University in November 1993.