Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Last band you saw live

Re: Last band you saw live

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    How was the gig Terry ?
    Outstanding. By my estimate there were around 300 in the place with a mix of seated and standing (I guess the 200 capacity is when all are seated) - they played all of the classics (pretty much everything off Love Is Here plus Silence Is Easy and Four To The Floor), a nice acoustic cover of American Girl in tribute to Tom Petty, and a few from their latest album which were all also good (and have persuaded me to invest in the new album incidentally).

The only downside is that the venue has a standing Latin / salsa night which they had to clear the place for, so the gig started at 8 and finished with Swiss punctuality at 9.45 including encore, but even then it was an excellent set - the only difference would have probably been another warmup act before Starsailor taking to stage later & finishing later. If you get the chance to see them (and you like their original stuff) then definitely worth going.

Saw The Charlatans last night at Rock City, Nottingham. Was nice to see Rock City again, not been there for a while (Pulp in 2001) and the Charlatans were pretty good - not amazing though, which I was disappointed about. I saw them in Wolverhampton in 1999 and they were better then. Last nights set list was a bit odd, there were some sound problems but the main thing was the drummer was slightly off every now and then - it was the opening tour date so they will get tighter as the tour goes on I’m sure.

Overall, great night, really enjoyed it, but not as good as it could have been. 7/10.

Bad Touch supported by the lovely Mollie Marriott at O2 Academy Islington on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    Saw The Charlatans last night at Rock City, Nottingham. Was nice to see Rock City again, not been there for a while (Pulp in 2001) and the Charlatans were pretty good - not amazing though, which I was disappointed about. I saw them in Wolverhampton in 1999 and they were better then. Last nights set list was a bit odd, there were some sound problems but the main thing was the drummer was slightly off every now and then - it was the opening tour date so they will get tighter as the tour goes on I’m sure.

Overall, great night, really enjoyed it, but not as good as it could have been. 7/10.
    I went to uni in Nottingham and used to go there quite often. I have an anecdote about when we saw The Lemonheads there but it's not one of my better ones and ended in a fight (that i wasn't involved in, i must emphasise).
    Last edited by LOG; 30 November 2017 at 19:49.

It’s a great venue, I love going there and wish I went more often - maybe I can make it a new year’s resolution or summat.

I also love Wolverhampton Civic Hall - big room, seats above in an alcove, great atmosphere. Have seen The Charlatans and Dave Graham there, both fantastic.

One of the best concerts I ever saw was in the Civic. Stiff Little Fingers.

I'm currently at the Great Hall waiting to see the excellent Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra with Kirill Gerstein perform Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet Suite, Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini and Shostakovich's Symphony No.5.

At the moment, the warm up group are still on (Diamond Dogz).

Is Stroudy there ?

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    Shostakovich's Symphony No.5.

Pah, it's not a patch on No. 7.

I haven't seen him but there's a definite smell of tartex in the air (in reply to Al)
    Last edited by LOG; 07 December 2017 at 20:06. Reason: fever nipped in