• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Grimes

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It really does doesn't it, I mean at the before the season we were worrying if we could get one decent side on the pitch. Now we've got to start thinking about accommodating them all if fit. Gow, Doherty, Gosling and Reid have hardly had a say this time, so far, but they could all play a part.
I remain (as I have been throughout) more worried about cover in the defence. We had no defensive players on the bench, 5 midfielders and a striker. An injury or red card for Baldwin or Coles and we are woefully short of options if JMT is out for a while.

ECFC Music

I remain (as I have been throughout) more worried about cover in the defence. We had no defensive players on the bench, 5 midfielders and a striker. An injury or red card for Baldwin or Coles and we are woefully short of options if JMT is out for a while.
I agree this could be a problem.Not sure What situation is with JMT who impressed me in earlier matches.Stupid foul by Coles to get his name taken emphasises what you say.

Pobbop

Good point, Jmt injured doesn't help, but Anderson is meant to be a replacement and I guess we could recall Bergvist (sp) if we were desperate.

Of course if Bennett was fit he could play defensively too, but I agree it's not our strongest department.

Grecian1966

.Stupid foul by Coles to get his name taken emphasises what you say.
Deliberate foul not stupid in the slightest. He was more than aware that Wimbledon were breaking at speed and had an overlap - he did the necessary to protect the lead. Some may call it cynical others would call it "taking one for the team".

jase 07

John got to totally agree , he was outstanding and I cannot see why he would get a starting slot every week.
Unfortunately I don't think we will keep him too long if he puts many performances in like he did today.
Well done Tis another gem uncovered.
I don't think Tis deserves a well done, I think the youth department deserve a well done for producing another player capable of playing in our first team.

GrecianWonder

I don't think Tis deserves a well done, I think the youth department deserve a well done for producing another player capable of playing in our first team.
Yep. Tis doesnt deserve any credit for any good performance of any City player.

Number13

The lad has come in and done well
We hope he stays around the team but lets not heap too much pressure on him yet
And lets not hijack every praise with having a go at Tisdale.
We are three unbeaten, the squad players have come in and done a bit
And well done to the youth coaching for providing another gem for our team and to make some cash

Pobbop

Really, do you not think tis has played a part in the youth set-up since he's been here? Blimey he's the man who signs everyone on, and gave Grimes plenty of times in the friendlies, and now gave him his debut. So you reckon he deserves no credit whatsoever?

jase 07

Yep. Tis doesnt deserve any credit for any good performance of any City player.
Ok I have just re read my post and I should have said the youth dept deserve a well done as well. Tis has selected him but he hasn't unearthed him.

Pobbop

Ok I have just re read my post and I should have said the youth dept deserve a well done as well. Tis has selected him but he hasn't unearthed him.
So you don't think he signed him or nurtured him as a manager then?