Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grimes

Re: Matt Grimes

Grimes was quality in the friendlies, has just proved that, pretty much shows that what Tis said is right, we have the young uns to come in if we have injuries, and to be part of the squad throughout the season.

The boy did well, pleased for him & he will get better I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pobbop View Post
    Lovely positive outlook on a great debut, well done
    Just saying it as it is,i did say he played well and I hope he stays in the team,but im sure when Tis bottleboy comes back Grimes will be out.
    Last edited by rp42; 17 August 2013 at 19:51.

Matt Grimes was my 'man of the match' by a distance.
    He didn't put a foot wrong & to have that passing range at 18, what a future !

Quote Originally Posted by rp42 View Post
    Just saying it as it is,i did say he played well and I hope he stays in the team,but im sure when Tis bottleboy comes back Grimes will be out.
    You did say it, as you think it is, and now you say it again. Almost like you want to see a negative out of a positive.

Tis could have thrown in Doherty here, but he went for a promising youngster who has done well in pre-season. good on Grimes and Tis.

PS I don't really know what a bottleboy is, is it slang for something?

Very impressed with him, with sercombe out for a couple of weeks hope he stays involved to see if he can make a regular contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    Very impressed with him, with sercombe out for a couple of weeks hope he stays involved to see if he can make a regular contribution.
    Funny thing is, with the central-midfield position, it's rare to get youngsters looking good, because it needs intelligence and thought. You often get young strikers and wingers looking good on debut, because a lot of it is pace and vigour.

So this debut was doubly promising, but hey let's not get carried away and put pressure on the lad.

He just did all he had to today.

Got to agree an excellent debut.His positioning ,touch and awareness were superb and i think he definitely benefited with having Oakley beside him who i thought was man of the match.So Tisdale now has options available which bring with it decisions not only of selection but also tactics and playing style.

I know it is one game and he is very young but we could have done worse IMO to have given him an appearance late last season when we had our midfield mainly injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC Music View Post
    Got to agree an excellent debut.His positioning ,touch and awareness were superb and i think he definitely benefited with having Oakley beside him who i thought was man of the match.So Tisdale now has options available which bring with it decisions not only of selection but also tactics and playing style.
    It really does doesn't it, I mean at the before the season we were worrying if we could get one decent side on the pitch. Now we've got to start thinking about accommodating them all if fit. Gow, Doherty, Gosling and Reid have hardly had a say this time, so far, but they could all play a part.