• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Grimes

budegrecian

The boy deserves a seperate thread, I think!
I was caught completely by surprise when he was named in the side today, having not made the bench in the previous league games, but what a debut!
Fantastic passing ability; I can't remember a pass going astray & has very quick feet, which enables him to complete a pass no matter how quickly he is closed down.
Linked brilliantly with Matt Oakley; it looked like they had been playing together for ever.
We have got a real gem on our hands & I hope to see much more of him during the season.

the dog2

John got to totally agree , he was outstanding and I cannot see why he would get a starting slot every week.
Unfortunately I don't think we will keep him too long if he puts many performances in like he did today.
Well done Tis another gem uncovered.

Darren Moxey

Resigned
Yep, agree with all that. He looked very much at home in the centre of midfield and you wouldn't believe the lad was making his debut.

Keep up the good work, Matt.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looked like a Championship player that had come in on loan....great passing great vision seemed to have everything WHAT a debut!!

manc grecian

Prefer Bennett in there.

Grecian_Harry

Only went to school with him two years ago, absolutely fantastic today!!!

rp42

Only cos the donkey that is Bennett was injured did he get a game,played well but as soon as Tis bottleboy is fit he'll be back.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Matt scored a few in the yoof too, so only a matter of time before he does it at first team level too imo.

berniesworld

Two words sum him up - Great debut

Pobbop

Only cos the donkey that is Bennett was injured did he get a game,played well but as soon as Tis bottleboy is fit he'll be back.
Lovely positive outlook on a great debut, well done:)