Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grimes

Re: Matt Grimes

Bump !

Swansea on telly tonight in the cup got me thinking. Whatever happened to the prodigy ? Sunk without trace in the lower reaches of L1 surely soon to be released by his parent club. Is this really what it's come to for Grimesinho ?

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Such a talent , I actually think the most talented of all the players who have left, he probably could of done with another another 12 months in league 2 before he left....

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Such a talent , I actually think the most talented of all the players who have left, he probably could of done with another another 12 months in league 2 before he left....
    I think so too. Or a different club to go to, someone suggested Brentford would have been a better move.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Bump !

Swansea on telly tonight in the cup got me thinking. Whatever happened to the prodigy ? Sunk without trace in the lower reaches of L1 surely soon to be released by his parent club. Is this really what it's come to for Grimesinho ?
    On loan to Northampton. Played quite a few games and scored a cracking free kick a few games ago.

Interesting to see if he would come back if we go up.

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Sadly, very few of our players live up to the exalted reputations that they leave SJP with....Conclusions on a Post It note...

Genuinely, what do you mean Malcs?

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    On loan to Northampton. Played quite a few games and scored a cracking free kick a few games ago.

Interesting to see if he would come back if we go up.
    Think it's very unlikely at present. Think he's on a four or five year contract at a reported 10k a week, so even if his career is going down the toilet, he's still setting himself up for life. Would be interesting to know how much Blackburn, Leeds and now Northampton have paid for his services. Whilst he was still hot property maybe the first two were covering his wages, but can't see Northampton covering a high percentage !
    Last edited by Colesman Ballz; 06 February 2018 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Think it's very unlikely at present. Think he's on a four or five year contract at a reported 10k a week, so even if his career is going down the toilet, he's still setting himself up for life. Would be interesting to know how much Blackburn, Leeds and now Northampton have paid for his services. Whilst he was still hot property maybe the first two were covering his wages, but can't see Northampton covering a high percentage !
    He's contracted until next summer. I'm pretty sure Swansea would cover the majority of his wages. They would prefer to have 1k a week off and loan him out than him sitting in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Sadly, very few of our players live up to the exalted reputations that they leave SJP with....Conclusions on a Post It note...
    Tis brings the best out of the players?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Not really true. Moxey and Friend went on to play Premiership, Ampadu seems to be doing alright, Watkins is storming the Championship.......