Page 429 of 434 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 4333

Thread: Former Players

Re: Former Players

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    He moved to Exmouth around Xmas time, I believe.
    Then even further to drive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Basically Tis and SP didn't like the loss of control they thought they had and were p*ssed when the Trust finally flexed their muscles and put them in their place. The oft mentioned "entitlement" carpet was pulled from under them so they started spitting like a cornered snake. Can't see the Winkelman putting up with that for very long : have a feeling that marriage will end in divorce, with Winkelman paying out a whole load of compensation on Tis' roller.
    As I said on another post, Winkelman is looked on as gullible, but this takes the term to stratospheric proportions. It exposes the previous regime for what it was. It's just a shame that people have taken such a long time to see what, in my opinion, was obvious for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by budegrecian View Post
    I remember several seasons ago when Keohane was the player we were all desperate to hold onto for the new season. This season it's been Stockley. Things have certainly got better!
    Really? Why? He was never anything more than a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    As I said on another post, Winkelman is looked on as gullible, but this takes the term to stratospheric proportions. It exposes the previous regime for what it was. It's just a shame that people have taken such a long time to see what, in my opinion, was obvious for a number of years.
    Malcs, you may know Winkelman better than I do but a chairman who has regularly fired his managers and made millions out of property development would seem to be far from gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Malcs, you may know Winkelman better than I do but a chairman who has regularly fired his managers and made millions out of property development would seem to be far from gullible.
    Someone who makes so many bad decisions I would suggest is the very essence of gullible. Every manager he's had is greeted as the new Messiah....

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Someone who makes so many bad decisions I would suggest is the very essence of gullible. Every manager he's had is greeted as the new Messiah....
    Yeah. I noticed the last bit. Perhaps he's gullible in the choice of football manager. Tiz is setting himself up very nicely for a long stay. Got a couple of his men in the dressing room, Oakes, Buttercup, SP. All sorted.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 10 August 2018 at 14:53.

James Norwood scores for Tranmere (again).

Reuben for FGR

Ollie Watkins equalises for Brentford at Stoke City.

Wheeler makes his debut for Portsmouth, coming off the bench.