• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official Twitter feed

EX4 4UX

I know that this is the least of our worries at the moment, but having not been able to make the game today I relied on the twitter feed to keep updated. I know its job is to keep us up to date but there was almost quite literally a tweet every time the ball was kicked, including one informing us that Keith Hill was checking his watch to see how long his team had to equalise. Not only that, the feed goes mad when we score: i.e. 'CURO!!!!!' or '1-0 Exeter', but when the other team scores, it is 'deflected goal for rochdale'. If you were busy and checked every five minutes, you could easily miss the fact that the opposition scored because the following tweets will be about the mascot picking his nose or something.

I can see that they are trying to give followers a sense of what is happening on the pitch - it does that very well indeed. However, given that many followers will not be glued to it, and I dare say that the vast majority are not Exeter fans at all - maybe fans of other clubs, other clubs themselves, journalists, news sources etc - they will not want to know every little detail about the game.

Just the crucial phases please - goals, major chances, injuries. Currently, it is terribly saturated.

Langer

Many people following the updates may find it a joy if thats all they got to go on.
8lb common carp :)

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster

Fareham Grecian

Couldn’t disagree more EX4. The twitter feed is surely aimed at fans who can’t go to the game - living in Edinburgh this usually means me. And I love it! Gives a great feel for how the game is going.

IndoMike

Couldn’t disagree more EX4. The twitter feed is surely aimed at fans who can’t go to the game - living in Edinburgh this usually means me. And I love it! Gives a great feel for how the game is going.
The OP is more than 5 and a half years old.

Fareham Grecian

The OP is more than 5 and a half years old.
Ah, good spot! Still, my point holds...:D

IndoMike

Ah, good spot! Still, my point holds...:D
Fair enough..