• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Spanish speeding fine-HELP!!

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Has anyone ever, once back from holiday, received a speeding ticket from spain?

I hired a car in may, and today got a letter (all in spanish which I can't read), and a picture of the car I hired. I can make out that it is claiming I was travelling at 155kph in a 110 zone.

Don't know how to pay, or whether I even should- I mean they aren't going to come and arrest me are they now!

newburygrecian

Chances are it will be charged to the credit card you hired the car on. That happened to me when i got caught in SA.

mustangspeed2006

If you need any help with what the letter says, give me a PM. Otherwise, I'd go with what newburygrecian says.

citysfinest

Nope, i no longer have that credit card. Only used it for the hire car then cancelled it on my return.
A google search informs me there are a lot of scams and moneysupermarket forum says take it to the cop shop to confirm it's validity.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has anyone ever, once back from holiday, received a speeding ticket from spain?

I hired a car in may, and today got a letter (all in spanish which I can't read), and a picture of the car I hired. I can make out that it is claiming I was travelling at 155kph in a 110 zone.

Don't know how to pay, or whether I even should- I mean they aren't going to come and arrest me are they now!
How much is the fine?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was travelling at 155kph in a 110 zone.
Nearly 100mph. :p

citysfinest

Ant- 100 euros, so it's not going to leave me penniless, but it's an inconvenience. That's half a night out!

Hants-have you seen how Spanish drive? I was going slow compare to them!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a c*ck !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hants-have you seen how Spanish drive? I was going slow compare to them!
So what was wrong with doing the full 160kph?

Have fun with your insurance company, the fine will be small compared with what your premiums go up by. Be grateful though there are no points on your license.

citysfinest

So what was wrong with doing the full 160kph?

Have fun with your insurance company, the fine will be small compared with what your premiums go up by. Be grateful though there are no points on your license.
I work for my insurance company. It does not affect it!