• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now, i'm usually a fairly tolerant person, but it's the little things that annoy me. Here are some to start you off and the only requirement is that you justify yours, no matter how petty or misguided.

• Cous cous – try sawdust as a cheap and tastier alternative.
  • Betterware catalogue people – if you put junk mail through my letterbox then disturb me a week later asking for it back, don’t expect anything other than a frosty reception.
  • The Big Issue – homeless person, I applaud you for getting off your backside and trying to get a few quid together, but I won’t be buying your magazine today. It’s not because I don’t think you’re deserving, it’s because it’s a crap magazine so don’t make me feel guilty.
  • People who do imaginary golf swings – stop acting like a ponce.
  • Stephen Hawking – I’m still not convinced that he’s the brains of the operation and it’s not the computer doing all the work.
  • Cucumber – over 90% water and it still tastes like that?
  • People who work in Vision Express – what’s with the attitude?

Last edited:

iscalad

PeteUSA's posts.

Fareham Grecian

PeteUSA's posts.
They're not little. They're generally mahoosive.

They are f*cking annoying though.

iscalad

They're not little. They're generally mahoosive.

They are f*cking annoying though.
Point conceded.

Alistair20000

Now, i'm usually a fairly tolerant person, but it's the little things that annoy me. Here are some to start you off and the only requirement is that you justify yours, no matter how petty or misguided.

• Cous cous – try sawdust as a cheap and tastier alternative.
  • Betterware catalogue people – if you put junk mail through my letterbox then disturb me a week later asking for it back, don’t expect anything other than a frosty reception.
  • The Big Issue – homeless person, I applaud you for getting off your backside and trying to get a few quid together, but I won’t be buying your magazine today. It’s not because I don’t think you’re deserving, it’s because it’s a crap magazine so don’t make me feel guilty.
  • People who do imaginary golf swings – stop acting like a ponce.
  • Stephen Hawking – I’m still not convinced that he’s the brains of the operation and it’s not the computer doing all the work.
  • Cucumber – over 90% water and it still tastes like that?
  • People who work in Vision Express – what’s with the attitude?
Perhaps you do not buy the right cous cous or fail to serve it with the appropriate Moroccan fare and bottle of rough Algerian wine. A traditional cous cous dish should contain seven different vegetables.

Here to help.

Ants - Always in my f*cking jam
Fish - They're just boring
Snails - See above
Slightly gone off milk - It's just irritating when the milk almost smells and tastes right but you know that something's a bit wrong
Stamps - The ones with the new oval shaped things that are supposed to stop you using them again, but always come off before you can use them once.
Safety pins - Not so f*cking safe when one jabs it's way into your arse cheek.

LOG

Perhaps you do not buy the right cous cous or fail to serve it with the appropriate Moroccan fare and bottle of rough Algerian wine. A traditional cous cous dish should contain seven different vegetables.
That, dear boy, is exactly my point. If you have to add in several other ingredients to make it edible, then you shouldn't be eating it in the first place.

That, dear boy, is exactly my point. If you have to add in several other ingredients to make it edible, then you shouldn't be eating it in the first place.
Hmmm. I think that more people should live by this philosophy. Although there may be a few problems. For example, flour isn't very nice on it's own but if you add a bunch of other stuff then you get biscuits, which are nice.....except Rich Tea, they're sh*t.

Joshyd123

People talking about annoying things.

Alistair20000

Now is that because you are just a lazy cook or would a session at the Ashburton Cookery School be of some benefit ?