• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not getting tickets for the Blue Planet II premiere with Sir David Attenborough in Brizzle next week.

LOG

Not such a little thing but i was annoyed by the sun yesterday. More than once in fact.

StroudGrecian

The way avocado seems immune to the dishwasher.

Alistair20000

The way avocado seems immune to the dishwasher.
I would not recommend placing avocados in the dishwater Stroudy, even if you have removed the stone.

Here to help.

fred binneys head

I had a 6 game accumulator today - 5 of them won and the 6th was notts county to beat forest green.

Would have won £300 off £3.

Also had a 4 game accumulator - 3 came in and the last was Swindon to win at Cheltenham. Would have won £180 off £5.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Have had the same phone scammers phoning on four consecutive days pretending to be British Gas, Microsoft, Claims R Us and Lloyds Bank (the background call centre noise is identical each time). They're targeting my elderly mother whose phone it is.
After the fourth call I tell them the number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service (which it is) and I've logged all the calls to report them should they try again.
Two days with no phone call.
Yesterday they call again pretending to be the Telephone Preference Service.

Legohead

Banned
I had a 6 game accumulator today - 5 of them won and the 6th was notts county to beat forest green.

Would have won £300 off £3.

Also had a 4 game accumulator - 3 came in and the last was Swindon to win at Cheltenham. Would have won £180 off £5.
I also had a 14 team acca today at £15. Queen of the South away at Montrose in the Scottish cup were included at 2/7 and they drew 1-1 in normal time. Cost me just shy of £500. TBH i'm getting a bit fed up of betting and betting companies being rammed down our throats as sports fans. It seems betting and keeping a constant eye on the latest scores is just as much a part of saturdays as the football itself. Just more distraction and more money down the swanny.

Legohead

Banned
Have had the same phone scammers phoning on four consecutive days pretending to be British Gas, Microsoft, Claims R Us and Lloyds Bank (the background call centre noise is identical each time). They're targeting my elderly mother whose phone it is.
After the fourth call I tell them the number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service (which it is) and I've logged all the calls to report them should they try again.
Two days with no phone call.
Yesterday they call again pretending to be the Telephone Preference Service.
There is always a delay in the caller speaking when these idiots ring you so now i say hello and leave a brief pause then just hang up if nobody speaks. Also you get calls that when you answer and say hello they hang up!! What's the effing point in ringing in the first place?!!

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

There is always a delay in the caller speaking when these idiots ring you so now i say hello and leave a brief pause then just hang up if nobody speaks. Also you get calls that when you answer and say hello they hang up!! What's the effing point in ringing in the first place?!!
Programmed calls I think.
The delay before the caller speaks is because the call is automatic and you get that pause as they wait to pounce on a pickup. I assume the 'silent' calls are testers to filter their lists. Checking to see if the number the machine has dialled has a person waiting to answer.

I've tried all sorts of responses with these pests. Hanging up. Humouring them with idiot responses. Shouting loudly. Leaving the phone on a surface while they wait at the other end.

My worry is that they'll keep trying until they get my mum to answer when I'm not there because she is susceptible.

Grecian2K

Oh, I don't know Spoonz.

I mean, just this evening I had a call from a very nice gentleman who said he was a Nigerian Prince who was due payment of £1 Billion worth of oil revenues and that if I would just forward him a couple of thousand to pay for his legal costs to unfreeze the funds he would, in return, reimburse me with 10% of his proceeds from the assets.

A Bleddy bargain I'd say.