Page 690 of 694 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 6933

Thread: Little things that annoy you

  1. #6891
    StroudGrecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Feel my coco beats...
    Posts
    11,462

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Do you mean a plastic earth pin? A plastic neutral pin really would be useless.

  2. #6892

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    I once applied for a job as a banana ripener. More out of curiosity as to what the process involved than anything else, never did get a response.
    As I understand it, bananas are kept in a controlled environment so that they don't ripen until it's time to wake them up and send them to the shop. Something to do with nitrogen levels.

  3. #6893

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    Do you mean a plastic earth pin? A plastic neutral pin really would be useless.
    Doh ! Yes of course !

  4. #6894
    Grecian2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    Posts
    20,912

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanaldo View Post
    Something to do with nitrogen levels.
    So disappointed in you Swanny - I would have expected far more from someone with your obvious intellect.

    FFS, It's ETHYLENE (C2H4 - and not a nitrogen atom in sight) that hastens the ripening process. Pop your green banana in a brown paper bag to help nature take its course - in fact, add an already overripe old fruit actually speeds the reaction.
    But why stop just there - ethylene is just the first step on the way to the fermentation process en route to proper, imbibable ETHANOL. So why not just let your 'nana' just carry on and decompose to a proper, sippable energy source?

    Here to help

    G2k

  5. #6895
    elginCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Going into Battle
    Posts
    7,589

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    That feckin band

  6. #6896
    Avening Posse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,262

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Finding a poppy in Oz......I will get there.....

  7. #6897
    fred binneys head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hiding somewhere
    Posts
    9,465

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    The 'Hampton by Hilton' advert where the couple are watching their team at an away game. They are dressed all in blue and white stripes, the fans around them are all dressed in blue and white stripes so the team they are following clearly play in blue and white stripes. That much is obvious and very clear.

    Why then, when we are told that their team has just conceded the 7th (seventh - like Grandstand) goal, does the woman put the match programme to her face and the programme has blue and white stripes on it? They are at an AWAY game.

    I can only think of the following reasons:

    A) she has taken a home programme with her to an away game - maybe she didn't have time to read it at the last home game - likelihood: 2%

    B) although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes - likelihood: 5% (Huddersfield, who else? The away following is quite big - this isn't meant to be a non-league team)

    C) the producer of the advert is not a football fan but they've been asked to write an advert about football fans to appeal to a large demographic in a really ill-thought through, generic, 'appeal to the masses' way - likelihood 93%

    Absolutely fuming, here.
    Last edited by fred binneys head; 12 November 2017 at 08:20.

  8. #6898

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,632

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    The 'Hampton by Hilton' advert where the couple are watching their team at an away game. They are dressed all in blue and white stripes, the fans around them are all dressed in blue and white stripes so the team they are following clearly play in blue and white stripes. That much is obvious and very clear.

    Why then, when we are told that their team has just conceded the 7th (seventh - like Grandstand) goal, does the woman put the match programme to her face and the programme has blue and white stripes on it? They are at an AWAY game.

    I can only think of the following reasons:

    A) she has taken a home programme with her to an away game - maybe she didn't have time to read it at the last home game - likelihood: 2%

    B) although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes - likelihood: 5% (Huddersfield, who else? The away following is quite big - this isn't meant to be a non-league team)

    C) the producer of the advert is not a football fan but they've been asked to write an advert about football fans to appeal to a large demographic in a really ill-thought through, generic, 'appeal to the masses' way - likelihood 93%

    Absolutely fuming, here.
    It's like when people write :

    "although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes ....."

    Makes me mad!

  9. #6899

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Christmas adverts apparently being such a big deal. That John Lewis one is rubbish and full of plot holes.

  10. #6900

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    775

    Re: Little things that annoy you

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    Christmas adverts apparently being such a big deal.
    That John Lewis one is rubbish and full of plot holes.


    Bit like most of the roads round my way tbf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •