Page 685 of 694 FirstFirst ... 185585635675683684685686687 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 6936

Thread: Little things that annoy you

Re: Little things that annoy you

Thunder snow, Weather bomb and the latest one is Radiation Fog. Why the hell do they have to over dramatise the weather forecast now ? Giving storms names - why ?

You get the weather forecast by looking out of the pigging window FFS and that never changes despite giving it Hollywood names.

Spot on Billy. Always makes me laugh when i see the armageddon headlines on the front pages of the dailies now and again.

ARCTIC BLAST TO FREEZE BRITAIN really means it's winter so it will be a bit wintery.

BRITAIN SET TO SIZZLE IN HEATWAVE really means it's summer so we'll get a few really summery days. Not content with that they have to chuck in the fact that Inverness is hotter than the Seychelles. Like i care! I'm not in either place so it really doesn't matter one bit to me.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Draft Dodging Donald smugly donning military garb on his latest golfing jolly to the Far East.

IMO an insult to all real, true service people (current and past)

Perhaps they should change the hymn of praise of the POTUS from "Hail to the Chief" to that old country classic "Coward of the County" for his (hopefully brief) tenure in orifice.

Low profile tyres that get punctured very easily combined with car manufacturers thinking "Shall we include a spare tyre in the car? Nah, sod that." A nice hour and a half by the side of the M1 on Saturday night waiting for a recovery truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Draft Dodging Donald smugly donning military garb on his latest golfing jolly to the Far East.

Perhaps they should change the hymn of praise of the POTUS from "Hail to the Chief" to that old country classic "Coward of the County" for his (hopefully brief) tenure in orifice.
    He is so awful. Can't think of one redeeming feature.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post

He wears the military "garb" as he is commander in chief of the armed forces its not an actual rank as such but a presidential title.

There have a few that have been in charge of our military who have never achieved so much as their sewing badge in the boys scouts lol.
    Last edited by ramone; 06 November 2017 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Low profile tyres that get punctured very easily combined with car manufacturers thinking "Shall we include a spare tyre in the car? Nah, sod that." A nice hour and a half by the side of the M1 on Saturday night waiting for a recovery truck.
    Don't they give you some foamy gunge stuff to pump in that inflates the tyre and enables you to limp home or to the nearest garage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Don't they give you some foamy gunge stuff to pump in that inflates the tyre and enables you to limp home or to the nearest garage ?
    You get some kind of puncture repair kit, fat lot of good it is when the tyre has a hole in it!

Apparently there is legislation coming in soon in any case making it illegal to change (work on?) a driver's side tyre by the roadside on the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    You get some kind of puncture repair kit, fat lot of good it is when the tyre has a hole in it!

Apparently there is legislation coming in soon in any case making it illegal to change (work on?) a driver's side tyre by the roadside on the motorway.
    I can see the point of not working on a car close to the motorway.

I once had a thin spare wheel that allowed up to 50 miles of emergency use. When I asked why a "proper" spare was not provided I was told that customers preferred more luggage storage space so it was down to customer choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    I can see the point of not working on a car close to the motorway.

I once had a thin spare wheel that allowed up to 50 miles of emergency use. When I asked why a "proper" spare was not provided I was told that customers preferred more luggage storage space so it was down to customer choice.
    That's why they're called 'spacesaver' tyres